The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Messiah Vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Jordini I think you must not have tried it, because I sleeve from that point OFTEN.

It's completly workable... in fact using slide, I usually pull my sleeve about 3/4 the way down my arm, and sleeve it from messiah in that position.(or just do One handed slide)

if you are having troubles you can use your thumb to manuever the coin under the material for a mm or so until it goes, but I think the weight of the coin should move material out of the way in 99% of the cases.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Tpdmagic, PM sent.
perlimpinpin
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of perlimpinpin
Larry, TPDmagic, does this pendulum principle have any relation to John Cornelius ?

D
JokersWild
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of JokersWild
So I guess the best way to bring the coin back is sleeve the coin like we been talking about than put your arm down to your side so the coin can fall in your curled fingers. that's if you want to bring it back. It could be better to just do a complete vanish.
jedoonatmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
FL/residing temp. TX
228 Posts

Profile of jedoonatmagic
Well, I agree with the Torrez move. I use that move on an almost daily basis. The move can be found on DVD, David Stone Vol. 2. This move is executed after a vanish, giving the appearance of "empty" hands both front and back. It looks really good. Also, I think it's a rythm thing too to make it look really good. It's worth checking out.
One for the money...., 2 for a pass..., 3 for a Fly..., and 4 for matrix!
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Anyone interested in this kind of material may be interested also in Bill Wisch's The Art Of Using The Elbow As A Servante Notes as well. Excellent reading. I also have some work on this style of Vanish.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
info2victor
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of info2victor
Right. Just as jedoonatmagic pointed out, David Stone has a similar vanish in his DVD Vol. 2, it's supposed to be part of the routine, just like Sankey's in his Rev. Coin magic.

The Messsiah Vanish is a neat one indeed~ I first saw it in Sanley's Rev. Coin magic and was amazed. I think one of the main reasons that makes this vanish look good is the way he talks. If you do it without a word people may probably figure out something pretty close to the exact way you do it.

Anyway IMHO if you simply just do a vanish and then stop there it's too few and too simple for coin magic. So I'd suggest you treat this vanish (or other vanishes) as part of your routine.

O btw, anyone know why it is called "Messiah Vanish"?
It only takes a minute to learn how it is done, but takes a lifetime to learn how to do it.

You've got a coin?
JokersWild
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of JokersWild
Info2victor I saw the one David Stone does and the thumb just looks like why is it there. You know? Mabye its just me. But till I find something that I like I'm just gonna keep using the one on Sankeys dvd because like you said the talking covers the in and out parts of the trick and yes he does do it pretty good. Well thanks for all your help everyone.
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Quote:
On 2005-12-06 01:13, info2victor wrote:
O btw, anyone know why it is called "Messiah Vanish"?

Because Jay's not very clever with titles? I guess it's supposed to imply some sort of 'god like' magical power?

In any case, it should be repeated that you should never "do a coin vanish" in isolation. Making a coin disappear isn't magic, any more than playing a chord on a guitar is music, or saying a line from Shakespeare is acting.
info2victor
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of info2victor
Hm... JokersWild I saw David Stone did this in his DVD. It seems like he doesn't even do the moves as Sankey did. He simply did a CP false transfer and place the coin directly to the desired position. I guess it requires even more fluid motion even though both magician use some talkings.

The Torres move explained by David is kind of nice but again requires certain streamline motions to make the whole thing looks right.

I personally like Sankey's production of the coin more, and he explained nicely with details and performance tips in his tape. That particular trick by David is more like a show-off to me.

Ha, reasonable guess, wsduncan. But I guess Sankey's naming of a trick sometimes are quite cool. You know there is one called "@#X!"? Though I can never prounce it correctly...
It only takes a minute to learn how it is done, but takes a lifetime to learn how to do it.

You've got a coin?
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Hi,
Is Messiah vanish similar to Pentium vanish from Eivind Lowig's "Stand Up Coin Power" book?
Thanks.

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Messiah Vanish (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL