The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gerlitz True Love (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Just unpacked my #3 of the newly released True Love from Richard Gerlitz and it has to be one, it not, the finest release to date..impeccable craftsmanship and truly a "Mini-Magic" item from this well respected craftsman. Unfortunately, the item may already been sold out. I have some great stuff in my collection, but this one, in my opinion, now ranks among the best I own.
dking66
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of dking66
Totally agree, George! However, my Gerlitz Butterfly Boxes rank way up there, too! Richard Gerlitz is masterful... and a magical genius. Better get one of these his True Love effects quick... before they are gone.
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
I am sorry I waited too long to think about the Butterfly Boxes..sold out after I finally decided I wanted one. Oh well, cie la vie.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I just got the last one.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Great, magicinsight..you will not be disappointed. Read the reviews
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
Richard is an incredible guy and unbelievable builder. True Love IS sold out and was pretty much gone 48 hours after the emails announcing it. I do wish Richard wouldn't "tip" the methods on his site, but he explained to me he is more trying to show the engineering and work that went into the method rather than exposing the secret. Plus, they sell out so quickly that they aren't posted long enough for a great number of people to look them over. Since True Love is a variation of Witch's Tunnel, which is one the BEST micro-magic tricks around (and one that will fool you,) I was really disappointed to see it. But, I'm not complaining, and I understand his point of view.

Many magicians probably either forgot or never knew of some of his early pre-Sea Ling stuff, like his fabulous replica Okito Triangular Mystery which, in my estimation, was actually better than the Nielsen model and his incredible Rabbit Through Glass which, again, in my estimation, was better than the Owen model. He is quite a builder. And, I DO like that he keeps to his promised limited editions.

If you haven't checked out the Sea Ling Rice Vase, you might want to do that. It is an amazing prop, faster and quieter than any trick of this type I've ever seen. It is a lot of GLASS, so, unfortunately, I doubt that many will really do it in a show and probably confine it to performing in the magic room, but it is a killer and worth having a case made for. It is one of the few items of his that he has some left available.
A.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
314 Posts

Profile of A.J.
Richard is a true gentleman, and his items are of the highest quality. And, yes, unlike most, he does stick to his promise of a "limited edition." If he says only so many will be made, then only so many will be made--period, end of story.

It is this type of promise plus his incredible quality and workmanship that make Gerlitz items an unbelievable magic collectible.

Thanks Richard.

A.J.
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Sea Ling Rice Vase....It is one of the few items of his that he has some left available

The Sea-Ling Rice Vase was sold out some time ago. He still has the Sea-Ling Dragon Water Vase in stock.

he does stick to his promise of a "limited edition

The only item Richard has labeled as "limited edition", but has set no specific quantity to it is his Gerlitz-Stull Prediction Watch. This is a great effect and a real magical heirloom as he uses authentic antique Waltham pocketwatches. I just love the solid gold one he made for me.
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
If you missed the chance to own what may be Richard Gerlitz's finest release, yet, one has popped up for sale on ebay.
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
Too late. It just sold with the "Buy It Now!"
ngmoore5146
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of ngmoore5146
I have the RABBIT THRU GLASS. Any idea what it would go for? It's in mint condition.
On a like topic. I recently turned 85 and have started to think about selling my collection of several hundred props mostly in mint condition. help!
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Ngmoore5146

I sent you a PM.

Algebraic
kiketron
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of kiketron
I recently adquired a True Love unit

I must say it is just incredible
The craftsmanship is amazing and the props are superb for the presentation of the effect

Absolutely the best ever existing version of this effect
Step into the unknown
ChasVH
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
Gerlitz at his best! It is one of his better pieces IMHO
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Definitely one of my favorite Gerlitz item as well!
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
I have the Sea Ling's Lead to Gold effect and it is amazing!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gerlitz True Love (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL