The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » G'Day from Japan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dingster
View Profile
New user
Australia (currently in Japan)
8 Posts

Profile of Dingster
Greetings all...

I'm an Aussie currently living in Osaka, Japan (returning to Oz soon though). I teach kinder kids and I've only started learning magic since January and really enjoy the kid's reactions. Needless to say, I have been learning a lot of visual magic and tricks such as the vanishing card case, kids kards and moving a Pikachu coin through my hand never fail to bring smiles to dials.

I hope to slowly build up my repertoire and continue to learn from you fine folk!

Cheers

Michael
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
Japan is aweosme so is austrailia.Have fun.
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Cheers Michael,

It's good to have you join us! Welcome to the Café! You'll enjoy the Lil Darlings forum and many others I'm sure. Just scroll the menu and pick a favorite topic or two to start as the Café can be overwhelming your first couple visits here. Soon you'll find your favorites and please don't hesitate to join in the conversations. Have fun!
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Welcome to the Café! Wow, what a change from AU to Japan, eh!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
Welcome aboard, Michael! As Chrystal mentions, you should check out "The Lil Darlings" forum.
Dingster
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Dingster
Thanks for the warm welcome. The lil darlings and review forums have been a great starting point. I like the honesty in the reviews. It gives people a good idea whether or not the product will suit them. I'm thinking about purchasing melt based on the feedback.
Dingster
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Dingster
Quote:
On 2005-12-05 07:58, Dingster wrote:
I'm thinking about purchasing melt based on the feedback.

Actually after reading this... http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
...it appears like I should go for the Raven. Would that be the best option?
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Michael,
Welcome to the best place about magic ever. At the right time and at the right place...You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 22.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. I recommend you to visit "the little darlings" section. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
gregorio
View Profile

Japan
0 Posts

Profile of gregorio
Hi, Michael,
I am living in Osaka, too, just arrived a little while ago. Have you been to the magic store here near den den town? thoughts? have you met any other osakan magicians? too many questions?
Read Scots "Discoverie of Magic"
mattneufeld
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of mattneufeld
Good day, and welcome! Let us know if you're ever in the States.

--Matt.
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Hi Michael,

Welcome to the Café! Keep them smiling with magic.

Maro
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
Dingster
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Dingster
Thanks again for the warm welcome people. It is indeed a great site.

Is that store in Ebischuo? The name escapes me, but I have his card if you want confirmation. If so, it's a good store and he's very helpful. There is an excellent magic store in Kobe too if you want more info.

Michael
Quote:
On 2005-12-21 20:59, gregorio wrote:
Hi, Michael,
I am living in Osaka, too, just arrived a little while ago. Have you been to the magic store here near den den town? thoughts? have you met any other osakan magicians? too many questions?
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I really love japan, and they produce some great magic as well. Enjoy it, I am envious of you!
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I really love japan, and they produce some great magic as well. Enjoy it, I am envious of you!
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
Hi Michael, New myself but glad you've signed on from Japan. I hope to be going next year for the ventriloquism festival. Japan is the Main country that I have ever dreamed of going to. It all seems so magical to me. Like teevee, I'm envious.
See you around...
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Opps, sorry for the double post.
Dingster
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Dingster
I hope that you have a great time in Japan Dr. Solar. Hopefully for you it's in the spring or autumn.
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
Hi again Dingster, Do you speak Japanese? Do you think it is fairly easy for one who doesn't speak the language to get around. As a ventriloquist I do rely on the spoken word so besides character manipulation is english fairly well understood? Maybe I need to make some magic/ ventriloquist contacts well before I go there. Did you do such, or did you go due to a job?

Thanks
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
Dingster
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Dingster
Dr. Solar, I went for my job and picked up the language to a daily convo level over a period of time.

In the main cities, you'll have no problems getting by on a basic level. Just speak a little slower and avoid slang and you should be fine. I found that the Japanese enjoy visual humor as evidenced by their variety shows on tv. You'll probably find that they are a polite and hopefully appreciative audience.

Relying on the spoken word will be a challenge and I'd try and find someone who has performed over there to get their feedback. I was doing basic magic at various kinders and the kids all knew me, so my experience is different. Though they couldn't get enough of it! Hope it works out well mate.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » G'Day from Japan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL