The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Clever Resource stumbled upon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Just an FYI item here...while at the Oklahoma City Cavalcade of Magic I purchased the first two volumes of "Magical Renaissance: A Modern Wizard's Grimoire" on CD. The books were written by Malaki Dracwin...who makes some mighty fine custom wooden wands...and there are some really clever, off beat stage magic and illusion ideas and plans in volume Two.
Volume Two also contains what I would call a foundational library for all things theatrical like building set pieces, flats, cutting mirrors, metal work, makeup, and even pyros!
Its quite a surprising body of work. While the theatre craft info is not exhaustive or terribly in-depth it does cover a lot of things that can stimulate a lot of thinking! I am enjoying these books on disk very much and thought some of you who are looking for an ocassional random "find" might want to check this one out too!
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Ed that does sound like a great find. Thanks for the information.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Do you have a link to where this can be found?

I did a search and couldn't find it.
Dennis Michael
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
It does sound interesting. I have several stagecraft books from college and still refer to them from time to time.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
boboangus
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of boboangus
Sounds excellent...could you please post a link?
malaki
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of malaki
Greetings!
I have just registered, and would like to answer your question. First of all, thank you for the complements!

I am Malaki Dracwin (aka David Swanson), the author of the two books discussed: Volumes I&II of Magical Renaissance, A Modern Wizard's Grimoire.
Volume I is A Timeline of Magic (traces magical history from 50,000 BCE to 2000 CE.
Volume II is Theatrical Magic

Both are pdf that are fully searchable, and can be acquired by emailing me (wizardsworkshopp@gmail.com). MAGIC MAGAZINE said that searching through 52,000 years of magical history as "addictive".

Coming soon: Volume III, Making Magic.

These are the books that I wished that I had when learning magic.

I look forward to reading your posts! Looks like a great forum!
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
Https://www.stevensmagic.com

Book 1: https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/magica......-cd-rom/
Book 2. https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/magica......-cd-rom/

Product Description (Volume 1) (as described on Steven's magic)

A Timeline of Magic (A Modern Wizard’s Grimoire) chronologically traces the history of magic from 50,000 BCE-2000 CE, is heavily referenced, and includes a glossary. This work is the result of more than a decade of research that shows how magic, through its many incarnations and tribulations, has developed into the art form it is today. The reader will also see how this most illusive of crafts spawned the development of such areas of human endeavor as art, theater, music, philosophy and religion. Available for both PC and MAC, this e-book is on CD ROM, complete with introduction, references, and glossary. Also searchable in both PDF and Access database forms. Having seen this project, we are very excited to bring it to our esteemed clients! The quality of Malaki’s work will spoil you. We back it 100%!

Product Description (Volume 2) (as described on Steven's magic)

Theatrical Magic (A Modern Wizard’s Grimoire) will teach the magician about the various arts of the theater and their roll within the show. The magus will learn how to build flats, stairs and platforms, then how to paint them to create original sets of their own. This book will also teach how to design and build special effects, as well as how to perform many of the tasks required in technical theater, such as soldering and turning on the lathe. Magical effects are not neglected, as several effects are taught from creation to performance. These effects include the Desert Sands, a low cost Asrah levitation, and exclusive effects such as the Omni Table (a replacement for the thin-model table) and a working sword in the stone. Available for both PC and MAC, this e-book is on CD ROM, complete with introduction, references, and glossary. Let’s face it – there is such a shortage regards to products that deal with the subtle importance of “theatrics.” The consummate performer understands the power of achieving the “total” package. You will be on the road do doing just that with this item. Having seen this project, we are very excited to bring it to our esteemed clients! The quality of Malaki’s work will spoil you. We back it 100%!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Clever Resource stumbled upon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL