The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Appearing Pool Cue Review needed please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Actually according to the website:

Dimensions closed 36cm extended 1m 36cm.

Closed: 14.2 in
Open: 53.5in

This means that it is NOT like the one chef anton had which could be made to appear from an seemingly empty hand.

Here is my question, why does the ad also say this:
"You reach up into the air and WHAM -- a full-size pool cue appears in your hand. "

Should it really read:
"You reach up into the air holding a 14.2 in plastic rod and WHAM -- a pool cue that is 5 inches short of being full size appears in your hand, while the other 14.2 inch cynlinder has vanished" ?

Can someone please clarify?
JosephKerr
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
420 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
You can hide the length of it along your arm and do a kinda "reverse flip stick move" as you flick your wrist to extend the cue size.
"Challenge Your Reality"
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
Any idea where I can obtain the cue used by Chef Anton?
That one seems a lot more practical.
timofy
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of timofy
I have a feeling it would be a lot more expensive though.

Chef Anton probably got it custom made.
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
Yeah, sorry Jaxon... the case is really quite small... I would say about a foot. the pool stick is not huge, but at least 3-4 times bigger than the case. it is possible to pull the stick out from the top and reveal, or you can have it hidden behind your arm and swing it into view... that would make for a really cool visual appearance. the colapsable workings are invisible when the stick is moved slightly. and only the tip and handle of the stick should be customized. everything has a nice tight fit... I guess a good airbrush artist could do some customizing on the wood section though...
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Thanks everyone, a lot of useful information collected so far in this thread. Think I will be placing an order for it with my local magic shop.

Cheers!
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
RickThibau
View Profile
Loyal user
Brazil
255 Posts

Profile of RickThibau
Mine arrived this week. I got it from Hocus Pocus and after maybe 10 orders with them I decided to NEVER BUY AGAIN FROM HOCUS POCUS.

Backorder story.. I was told that AFTER BEING CHARGED FOR $45 of shipping!!!! Since the shiping for my order was only $23 I was very scared! Then I realised THEY CHARGED ME FOR THE SHIPPING OF THE BACKORDER THAT THEY WOULD SEND (but the DIDN'T TOLD ME, I DISCOVERED THAT ONLY 20 DAYS AFTER, WHEN THE ORDER ARRIVED!!!), PLUS some money that I don't understand why they charge.

I only buy from MJMmagic.com now.. the best customer service and honest people.

To the review..

The Apearing Pool Cue works fine BUT looks very bad, for sure I will ask someone to make this black plastic look like wood for me so I can use at my gigs combined with my pool chop cup routine.

The bag that comes with the pool could also be better for the price... velvet would be fine, no problem, I will make mine to match the bags of the pool wand that comes with the pool chop cup.

Again, it works fine. Opens fast and you can actually choose how you will open: from the bag slowly (so people can see that it couldn't fit inside (but could realise it's telecopic) or with a fast motion (like a real Jedi).

AND NO: IT DOESN'T (at least mine) LOOK LIKE THE ONE AT THE PICTURE FROM HOCUS-POCUS SITE... veeery misleading, veeery veeeeery misleading... $40 + $18 (shipping of this separate 'backorder' item they should not charge) + some money that just vanished!

Reeeal tricky.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Quote:
On 2007-04-12 12:01, RickThibau wrote:
Mine arrived this week. I got it from Hocus Pocus and after maybe 10 orders with them I decided to NEVER BUY AGAIN FROM HOCUS POCUS.

Backorder story.. I was told that AFTER BEING CHARGED FOR $45 of shipping!!!! Since the shiping for my order was only $23 I was very scared! Then I realised THEY CHARGED ME FOR THE SHIPPING OF THE BACKORDER THAT THEY WOULD SEND (but the DIDN'T TOLD ME, I DISCOVERED THAT ONLY 20 DAYS AFTER, WHEN THE ORDER ARRIVED!!!), PLUS some money that I don't understand why they charge.

I only buy from MJMmagic.com now.. the best customer service and honest people.

I agree Rick. This has happened to me as well, I feel HP should STOP this bad habit as we, the customers, don't appreciate it too much. If you don't have something, let us know, not charge us quietly and only letting us know when the cash has left our wallets. Offering a refund doesn't nullify the damage to the trust we once had.

I too, now only shop at MJM.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I'm assuming the production of the cue would look best on stage? How about stand up? I too have been eying this item for some time now. To those who have had it for a while, how has it been so far? Does it last?

Thanks guys,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
I only buy from Madhatter because of the prices and the low shipping cost (and for me is strange, because I'm in Italy).

About the Pool Cue... In close up is impossible not to notice the edges?

Thanks, Davide
merlin5150
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of merlin5150
Daegs, I was hoping the same thing you were, didn't realize the closed dimensions and wouldn't of ordered it.
RickThibau
View Profile
Loyal user
Brazil
255 Posts

Profile of RickThibau
It looks best on stage but I will do it close up as well.

People can not touch it, of course, and if they look close is not good, because as I said, I was mislead, the pool cue is NOT beautifull as the photo.

The production is fast, can be done slow but looks better fast..
DonHarlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Richmond, VA
296 Posts

Profile of DonHarlan
I picked one of these up and have been playing around with it. I was able to put a real cue tip on the end. At this point it appears much slower than it did, but it makes it look much more realistic.
“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.”-Tom Robbins
<BR>
<BR>“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering".-Robert A. Heinlein
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
MJM magic and Pemguin magic is the only way to go when I buy my magic.
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
MJM rocks! Hocus-Pocus sucks!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Appearing Pool Cue Review needed please (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL