The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Straitjacket escape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
Hi. I'm 13 and I was wondering would I be able to escape from a regulation straitjacket? I know they come in sizes and I would probably get a small. What do you guys think?
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
With enough practice. and dedication yes you can do it.
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
MagicGuy
I assume the "MEL" means Melbourne Florida. If so, try to make your way to Daytona Magic not too far from you. I am sure they will answer a lot of your questions with first hand assistance.

As Ever,
Cindi
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I think you can do whatever you set your mind too young man. Look at the age Houdini started.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Candini is correct. The main skill of the escape artist is a will of iron, a resolve to persevere no matter what. The first time I was put into a strait jacket (I got a very mean one), it took me 45 minutes to escape. My wife put me into it, and then she went into another room, because she couldn't bear to watch. I have a bunch of stories like this about different restraints, but that is my strait jacket story.

Yours,

Paul
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Gee, I think I was about 13 or so when I did my first SJ escape. I couldn't find one for sale anywhere, so I tried having one made. You should have seen the guy's face when I told him it was for me...
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Straitjacket escape (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL