The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Chubby Bunny (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Profile of Jared Sherlock
I posted it in III Dare too but the input here is in my oppinion some the best on the site. Also since I am putting it in my Illusion show I figured what the hey.

Ahhh what a game. For those who aren't familiar with this particularly slap happy, off beat, very guy oriented challenge game. It is basically a competition to who can put the most marshmellows in their mouth. Now it sounds weird but if you haven't ever seen it, it is absolutely histaricle to see someone with 6-8 marshmellows bulging their cheeks out.

So I got to thinking......scary huh? Someone who plays a game like that and thinks! But when running over my set list for my full stage Illusion show in february, I needed to fill a 5 minute slot with a small comedy oriented, audience participation effect. Im almost to the point.... But as I was running through some ideas, I thought it would be great to do a toilet paper over the head routine. BUT WAIT!!!! Lets get rid of the toilet paper. So yes, what I have decided that I am doing is a marshmellows over the head routine with a couple of actor stooges (fake stage hand)standing behind the volunteer catching them in their mouth in a sort of chubby bunny game.

Now the reason I am approaching the Café with my idea is just for some suggestions for my finale or anything in general. My predicament is that for the end I want to whip out a giant (volleyball size) marshmellow. I am having trouble trying to figure what the best way is to make it. Do I make a metal sort of mold shell and melt them in it and then bake it? anyway the comedy comes in one when I vanish it and two when they have to try and eat it.

Let me know what you think,

Jared
Ben Whiting
View Profile
Loyal user
Traverse City, MI
246 Posts

Profile of Ben Whiting
You could try something with a graham cracker box and some hershey bars...
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
I'm not sure, sounds funny. Be careful though, I watched someone choke trying to play that game at a camp when I was a kid. They don't play it anymore! With that aside, the routine sounds like a nice twist on the classic, let us know what you come up with.

Keith
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Deffinantly something to take into consideration. However I beleive that my actors might be seasoned pros at the game. Smile

All Suggestions Welcome,

Jared
Eric Buss
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Eric Buss
Jared,

I love the idea of putting those routines together... I hope people don't steal it from you.

FYI- Marty Putz (prop comic) does the chubby bunny routine.

Yah, get some chocolate, graham crackers, or krispie treats involved somehow... Coat hangers? Campfire?

How bout instead of doing a large fake looking marshmellow at the end, reach in to pull the last one out of the bag, and instead, 20 of them are stuck together... so you just decide to do it with the glob of 20...

sounds funny... I'm jealous
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Does the marshmellow have to be real? You could just as easily make a fake one... from white gauze material sew a rough marshmallow shape bag, stuff it with cotton or something like that. I think it would be instantly recognizeable.

Unless the marshmellows we have here are totally different, then I am completely off...
Sent from my Typewriter
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-12-15 01:29, Eric Buss wrote:

I hope people don't steal it from you.

Well I figured that posting the idea on the Café would stake it for me as well as accomplish the ovbious of getting some ideas but yes me too, it was concern when placing it on here.

Anyway I like the idea of adding in smores and like a camp fire. Also I really would like it to be real because the stage hand will be trying to cram them and dispose of especially the big one so there is no evidence when the volunteer turns around. It thought it would add a different element to it.

Keep'm commin,

Jared
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Check this out:

http://homecooking.about.com/library/archive/bldes19.htm

Whether they can produce what you're after, I dunno but its worth checking.
Sent from my Typewriter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Chubby Bunny (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL