The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Secret Art Of Coin Manipulation DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Due out now. From Magic To Laugh By, the people that brought you the highly acclaimed and ground-breaking book The Secret Art of Magic, comes The Secret Art of Coin Manipulation DVD by Eric Evans.
More about it here:
http://themagicwarehouse.com/hotitems.html
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
snowboard
View Profile
New user
China Shenzhen
86 Posts

Profile of snowboard
It looks great. ANd it's what I am looking for. Expect to read some review .
zwevie
View Profile
New user
Belgium
36 Posts

Profile of zwevie
Since the subject is coin manipulation, what is the best dvd for learning coin manipulation?
If anyone likes to discuss on msn, add me greetz
zwevie@hotmail.com
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
I bought it, I should have it by the end of the week. I will post a review next week.
themaestro
View Profile
New user
TX
50 Posts

Profile of themaestro
There was a slight delay at the replicators, but the DVD's have been shipped and the distributor should be getting theirs in a few days,and the dealers a few days after that I would expect.

We, the producers of the DVD, have already received our shipment because we are closer to the replicators and have priority shipped all pre-orders, but are still accepting orders at the pre-release price for two more days at our website: http://secretartofmagic.com/secretcoin2.htm

Nowlin
Nowlin Craver
Maforen
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Maforen
I have this Dvd and it not bad, but for those looking for some nice ideas and value look at Extreme Coin Magic by Joe Rindfleisch. Nver saw him before but it good and some real nice ideas. This guy is good and he gives you a good deal for your money, I think like 27 items. HIs ideas are different then the norms.But these effect need a lot of practice, this is not for beginners.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Secret Art of coin manipulation DVD by Eric Evans - MY REVIEW

While the DVD content is average and there are some interesting sleights, I was dissapointed in the way the DVD was marketed with "Specially manufactured jumbo manipulation coins included."

You do not get Jumbo Manipulation coins, or coinage of any type (as we commonly know it). They are simply metal disks. No markings on either side, just disks. While these might be considered coins (the 4th Definition in websters, which is stretching it) they would have been more appropriately called "metal disks."

Just thought I'd clear that up. I've heard from two other magicians that they also thought they were actually getting jumbo coins, similar to the 3" jumbo coins commonly sold by magic dealers. Hope this helps!
Magicpitch
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Magicpitch
If I recall correctly, Cellini (Eric's mentor) used metal discs as well. When I saw him(Cellini) lecture, I believe he said he had gone to them because you didn't have to worry about people stealing them, which, if they were coins, they would.

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall him saying something along those lines.

I thought the DVD was quite good. Some of the moves are excellent. Eric's the real deal and makes money from his act, and I always like seeing people perform who really work the crowds for money. They, in my opinion, are the one's who really know what works and what doesn't.

All of the "Secret Art" series items have been outstanding in my opinion.
Trying to do the right thing, one customer at a time!
http://www.magicpitch.com/
We weed out the junk so you don't have to!
Visit our Blog at http://magicpitch.blogspot.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Secret Art Of Coin Manipulation DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL