The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Thimble routines... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
LLoyd's Thimble Magic (Lloyd Enochs) was a good source.
Pete's Peeper (marketed by Ken Brooke)
Berland's Thimble Act (Sam Berland)
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I really would love to learn the Shoot Ogawa one from Shoot in Hollywood. It just looks like real magic. I don't suppose anyone who knows Shoot or something knows if it will be released or if it is already released by someone eles?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Six months on, does anyone know still if Shoot is going to release his Thimbles routine?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
gaafman
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of gaafman
The only reference I can find is:

Ogawa, Shoot: Busters 3 Techniques of Magic DVD presented by Wizards' Inn. Dedicated to Magic Technique. Includes a muscle pass high jump contest; card setting contest; coin roll contest; and Shoot's Thimble Routine (some overlap with the one performed on "Shoot in Hollywood"). Each is demonstrated (sometimes by others) and explained by Shoot Ogawa.

On http://magicref.tripod.com/magref/magthimb.htm

But the wizards' inn site isn't in English. If anyone can help me out and help me with ordering the DVD that would be great.
byjove
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of byjove
First sorry for my poor english. I am in France where Shoot Ogawa came for a conference and he taught us his thimbles routine. I bought "professional thimbles", it's a DVD in english and japanese language and he taught the thimbles routine in "Shoot in Hollywood" and more thimbles routines. Hope this can help...

Click here to view attached image.
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Quote:
On 2007-04-20 17:54, byjove wrote:
First sorry for my poor english. I am in France where Shoot Ogawa came for a conference and he taught us his thimbles routine. I bought "professional thimbles", it's a DVD in english and japanese language and he taught the thimbles routine in "Shoot in Hollywood" and more thimbles routines. Hope this can help...

Any chance he is releasing it outside of lectures?
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
As Mike and Paul (and others) have mentioned, the Rosini routine is a thing of beauty and a joy forever. As an aside, the person who learned to perform well all of the routines in the Dai Vernon Book of Magic could make an excellent living, even today. It really is one of the all-time best "bang for your buck" books.

The Berland routine is also very good, and the Mogar book has a ton of stuff. I find most of Ramsay's stuff to be a bit too difficult for me.

One reference I haven't seen cited yet is Brad Burt's video on billiard balls and thimbles. It's really quite good and well worth your attention.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Here's the You Tube link for Shoot's thimble routine for those that haven't seen it.
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
A couple more really good "old-timer" references:

Tantalizing Thimbles by Warren Wiersbe (1948, 1969, Magic Inc)

Nite Club Thimble Magic by Chuck Smith (1950, Regows Magic Comapny, Pittsburgh)
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Joe Mogar has just released (this week as I write) his DVD "Thimble Dexterity". It was filmed by (and is distributed by)The Camirand Academy. It comes with four practice thimbles to get you started right away. You can buy it directly from Joe at: http://joemogar.tripod.com/

It is a great companion to his book yet is a complete stand alone resource. All of the basics are taught (over the shoulder) and there are three complete routines taught. There are two moves that were invented by Joe that negate the need for holders. I doubt if there is anything else needed in learning thimble magic. This DVD and watching/reading some good routines should put one on his/her way to developing their own unique, entertaining, and magical routine.

One of Joe's routines is a twelve (12) thimble routine. From nothing to 12 thimbles using NO holders! It is a thing of beauty.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Sounds good....will look into the Mogar dvd (I prefer dvds)....
....thanks Harry....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Thimble routines... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL