The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Bee versus Bicycle (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Bee backs are borderless- therefore misalignments are concealed.
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Quote:
On 2006-03-06 17:56, Mysterioii wrote:
Walgreen's drug store where I live still has 4 packs of bikes that come with 2 red and 2 "exclusive black back" decks for $10. For a while they had them online... haven't checked for a couple of months though.

Buyer Beware.
I found and bought this four-pack from Walgreen’s, but what I found was people were breaking the seal on the four-pack box and removing the black decks and replacing them for the blue decks that are found in the two-packs. I found this at two different stores until I finally found an unopened box.

Walgreen’s and Raley's also sells the white bordered Bee WPT cards for $3.

I have yet to find a deck of green Bicycles (non-reversed) locally, but am hoping as St. Patrick’s Day draws near they might come available.
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
I use Bees for the non-gaffed handling of Six Card Repeat and for Three Card Monte. Bikes for everything else.
scrapdizzy
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of scrapdizzy
The Black Bee WPT are probably the best $3.50 deck you will find.

I buy Bee at CVS and Walgreens here in AZ.

I like the fact I get Bikes for $1.20 at Costco but I sure do prefer the way the Bee's feel!
sparks
View Profile
New user
Charlottesville, Virginia
89 Posts

Profile of sparks
I’ll chime in with those who have a problem with the Bee’s lack of a white border… makes any type of reversed card effect impractical.
Sparks

It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
Bees for gambling, Bikes for magic.

That aside, I much prefer the feel of Bees over Bikes. They are definitely smoother, and seem less stiff, even when brand new. I've been using the same pack of Bees pretty much every day for the past 3 months, and although they are definitely worn, they still fan and handle great. Every time I decide that its time to open a new pack, I stop because I love this pack. On the other hand, I don't think I've ever had a pack of Bikes last more than a month. Although I have no official basis for this claim, I think it is pretty clear that Bees are made from a better card stock, or at least with a better finish.
Daniel M. Carrico
shiolo
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of shiolo
I usually use bikes but fofr 3 card monte I use bees as many said for the border stuff..advise of darwin ortiz in at the card table Smile
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Bees for second dealing, and Bikes for everything else.. Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
If your Second Deal is good enough, white boarders will help to impress as if you are dealing truely. I use Bicycle in that regard. When you show 4 cards in fanned condition, which is better to impress you have 4 cards?

Hideo Kato
rhucko1
View Profile
Regular user
Hawaii
126 Posts

Profile of rhucko1
Quote:
If your Second Deal is good enough, white boarders will help to impress as if you are dealing truely...

Hideo Kato

I think this may be true for magicians (and the well informed gamblers), but most laymen don't seem to be aware of this.

Thanks,
Rich
"Card experts agree that the colour change, or transformation, is one of the most magical effects possible with a pack of cards."
- Dai Vernon's Tribute to Nate Leipzig by Lewis Ganson & Dai Vernon
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Lay audience don't need to be aware of that. Even magicians don't need to be aware of that.

Maybe it was my mistake that I used the word 'impress'. You should not impress anything in dealing, but the outside image of dealing Bee and Bicycle is quite different.

Of course, it is not important who can't deal Second rather slowly. If you deal quickly like in Card Game, my point is meaningless.

BTW, use Bicycle for practicing Second Deal. Otherwise your Second Deal is always perfect. Practice until your Second Deal with Bicycle looks as if true deal.

Hideo Kato
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Bee versus Bicycle (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL