The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Colours for Canes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pinto2
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Pinto2
As some of you might know from my earlier post, I'm purchasing canes from the fantasio web site. However, I'm a little worried about the colour of the canes and if they will be hinden from any sort of background. I don't yet know what colour back ground I will have, so I cant give you that detail. I want the canes to stand out, but I'm afraid that red is too vibrant and will look weird in my show, therefore I'm thinking black. Does anyone have some advise on this subject, thanks.
Daniel
magicmike96
View Profile
New user
PLAINFIELD, IL
98 Posts

Profile of magicmike96
You will most likely have a black backdrop so I say the black you will be able to see beacause of the white tips..but I want to get a white vanishing one because I feel that it will stand out on almost any background.. especially if you wear black the white will stand out..hope that helps magic mike
( /) what if the
(0.o) hokey pokey
(><) really IS what its all about?!
/_[_
feel free to pm me. MIKE Smile
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Fantasio also makes a silver colored cane now.

Regan
Mister Mystery
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
It not only depends upon your backdrop (if any), but also in the outfit and costuming you plan on wearing. You want to have enough contrast between the cane color and your outfit so that they complement each other without the cane becoming lost when it is next to you.

Another thing to think about is if you plan on having a color scheme in your act. Many acts and magicians use a particular color that they tend to use in the show or act to help brand it a bit better and to get the act some base to which to flow from. In my own show, my colors have always been black, red, white and silver. Therefore most of what I buy or have created, fits within this color scheme.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Fantasio can also tell you how to paint the canes with a vinyl paint to make them almost any color.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Wow, I didn't know you could paint them. I would have never thought that would work very well.
Mister Mystery
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
You must use the vinyl spray paint. Lie cane out flat and go at it. You might have to have to touch it up once in awhile.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Pinto2
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Pinto2
Well, I ordered 3 black appearing canes, and one black to red dissapearing cane (also got a cheap dancing cane from my local shop to practice with). Does anyone have experience with ordering from fantasio and can tell me how long it took to recieve their cane after ordering? Thanks a lot,
Daniel
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Go with silver. Looks the nicest...After al, the audience will think its metal.

Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Fantasio is very prompt with shipping. He has constantly bailed me out with last minute shipments for conventions.

I personally do not care for the silver. Especially in candles. If I were to use one I think I would paint the ferrule and cap black, just for contrast.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2005-12-30 11:49, hugmagic wrote:
You must use the vinyl spray paint. Lie cane out flat and go at it. You might have to have to touch it up once in awhile.

Richard

Would the Krylon plastic paint work? How would lie the cane out flat?

Regan
Mister Mystery
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
That is the paint that was suggested to me my Fantasio. Take masking tape and lie the cane out on a board and tape it down.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Richard. I will keep that in my mind. I may try it someday...I have some that are worn and could use a fresh coat of paint.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
I never knew you could paint the Fantasio canes though. Excellent. Will look into that. I've always wanted to tinker with another color for my candle routine. Good point- I'll be sure to try it out. Thanks Richard!

Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I want to thank you also, Richard. I will try a gold color one.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I think I recall Fantasio talking about this a bit at a convention some time ago. I am not sure exactly, but I remember hearing about it. Thanks for bringing it up as I had forgotten about it. It certainly opens you upo to more creativity and some better ideas for color changing canes and candle effects. For example a black and white silk is produced at finger tips and from it a black and white striped candleis produced, the candle then changes instantly into a black and white streamer. Interesting ideas now come into play with the idea of being able to paint them any color or a multitude of colors.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Colours for Canes? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL