The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Easter Eggs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
I had a great little book for Christmas that details 'Easter Eggs' on DVDs. These are hidden 'extras' that can only be accessed by pressing a certain combination of keys on your remote.

I understand that there is an 'Easter Egg' on one of the Daniel Garcia DVDs, but that there's a glitch in the authoring that means it's not reliably accessible.

Does anyone know if any other magic DVDs contain Easter Eggs?
No Egg Bag gags please! Smile

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I think one of Morgan Streblers Does. Good topic though lets hear what people come up with.
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
655 Posts

Profile of Tom Dobrowolski
I know there is one on "In The Hands Wild Card".

There were also several on the free DVD included with an issue of "Genii" magazine last year.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Great post, but tell us more. Are the key combinations different in every case? If not, how does one determine the egg's existence and then crack the code?

Tom,
The DVD you reference is YOURS(!!). I own it but wasn't aware of any eggs (just one gem of a handling). C'mon... give us a hint. Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-01-07 11:55, Tom Dobrowolski wrote:
I know there is one on "In The Hands Wild Card".

There were also several on the free DVD included with an issue of "Genii" magazine last year.

The Simon Lovell Ambitious Card DVD? Anyone know what the eggs are on it?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
In most cases (and I'm talking about movie DVDs), the Easter Eggs are hidden. They might be accessed from the main menu or even from a specific scene. In each case there's a different combination of keys to be hit.

If anyone knows of any Easter Eggs, it would be really useful to know exactly how to access them.

Thanks!

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
655 Posts

Magiguy:

You busted me. It is my DVD. Glad you liked the handling !! The Easter egg on it is the 6 card handling. To access it go to the main menu. Arrow down to the DVD ROM button. Once there hit the left arrow and the hands on my image will light up (change colors). Hit enter and the chapter will play. It's a bit quicker routine and the handling I now use most of the time.

MagicChris:

It is the Lovell ambitious card. The locations of the Easter eggs were printed in Genii Magazine for a few months after the DVD was given away. I don't remember now where they were and would have to look them up. They may also have been posted on the Genii Board.

Tom
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Very nice. Thanks Tom, I love it!!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-01-07 20:11, Tom Dobrowolski wrote:
Magiguy:

You busted me. It is my DVD. Glad you liked the handling !! The Easter egg on it is the 6 card handling. To access it go to the main menu. Arrow down to the DVD ROM button. Once there hit the left arrow and the hands on my image will light up (change colors). Hit enter and the chapter will play. It's a bit quicker routine and the handling I now use most of the time.

MagicChris:

It is the Lovell ambitious card. The locations of the Easter eggs were printed in Genii Magazine for a few months after the DVD was given away. I don't remember now where they were and would have to look them up. They may also have been posted on the Genii Board.

Tom

Thanks Tom!!

Everyone LOVES your new DVD!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
655 Posts

Thanks Magiguy and glad you liked the 6 card handling Hopefully you will be using the routine. Bob Sheets picked up a copy of the DVD and a set of wild cards last week when he was in Chicago to add the routine to his strolling set.

Thanks Chris.I'm very pleased that my new DVD has been so well received.
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
THe is one on the DVD called "Tied" by Jason Wethington. Dan Watkins talks about it in his review of it at http://www.coinvanish.com
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Tom,
Your DVD inspired me enough to buy three new sets of cards. I was already a fan of Wild Card and had recently been re-reading Frank Garcia's Wild Card Miracles. I'll tell you, there's nothing in that book that comes close to your routine(s).

Thanks again!
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
655 Posts

Magiguy:

Nothing could make me happier than to hear someone was inspired to learn and perform my routine.

I've always felt wild card was one of the strongest effects in magic and underappreciated due to the limitation of requiring a surface large enough to lay out the cards to be performed regularly. I think my routine solves that limitation and hopefully will get people performing it regularly.Also I was trying to get people to think about solving the issue(s) of performing limitations of some of their favorite routines so they can start performing them.

Thanks again for the kind comments and am glad you're enjoying the routine(s).

Tom
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
580 Posts

Profile of Nick23
There are great ones on the Tommy Wonder DVD's. I think there are hidden 10 minute interviews on each disc.
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Quote:
On 2006-01-10 04:24, Nick23 wrote:
There are great ones on the Tommy Wonder DVD's. I think there are hidden 10 minute interviews on each disc.

How do you access them?
Thanks!
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
I don't understand this thing about Easter eggs. If you don't want people to view these special things then don't put them out there. If you do then just include them in your video. Why have a secret code to view these things?

Just my humble thoughts.
edh
Magic is a vanishing art.
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
For the Tommy Wonder DVD's....I forget which volume but go the main menu then click on "Other L&L DVD's" then scroll through till you get to Max Maven's advertisment then scroll up and click. Let me know if it works for you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Easter Eggs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL