The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Rubber Bands and Elasticity. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
Ok. It's a little humiliating but I'll share it anyway.

During school this morning I was performing a trick where I make a rubber band penetrate through a full soda can. I wrap the band twice around the can and count to three, at which point the band penetrates the can and flies up and out of sight. At the last split second before I let go of the band, my spectator leaned over the can to watch it penetrate the aluminum. The band shot up and hit her right between the eyes. Smile
If anyone sees my sanity, please return it to

me.
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
Smile Smile Smile <whew!> <gasp!> Man, that's funny! I've always thought something like that might happen when I was practicing with bands and one "shot off", but I've never heard of it happening! Thanks IceRaven02, picturing that gave me the best chuckle I have had in a while.

-bigwolf {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
Did you read my card trick gone crazy post? If this made you crack up, that one will have you in absolute stitches. Somehow when I perform magic I almost always end up damaging something, although it's mostly my own ego. Smile

me.
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
Yes, that was good. For some reason whenever I have tried the Whispering Queen, someone always makes some sort of crack about lapdancing, or am I implying that women can't keep a secret, or does the king of hearts know what his wife is doing with me, or couldn't the king of hearts be a queen "not that there's anything wrong with that" (quote from Seinfeld) etc. I think there is something about that effect or the name of it that brings out the mischief in people...

I'm afraid I also have a tendency for trainwrecks. No matter how much I practice with perfect results they still happen. Some are too painful for me to laugh at personally, but I am sure they would have you folks rolling on the floor. I think all magicians must have a little masochist in them to endure some of the stuff we have to go through and still keep on with it.

-bigwolf {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
True, we go through more humiliation than professional wrestlers sometimes. I think some magicians have a little too much masochism in them. Especially in the field of escapology. Smile

me.
kulhaq
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of kulhaq
You think that's bad? I was doing the crazy man's handcuffs and one of mine shot of and hit the teachers butt when he was talking to someone else. He let out a sudden yelp and then the whole class stopped and stared at me before bursting out into a fit of laughter. To make matters worse there was a rumour the week before that I fancied him. Well... he is kinda cute but a tad too old for me. (he's 25) Anyway I've been taunted about it ever since! Smile
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
Hmm, what's worse...shooting someone in the head with a rubber band, or in the butt with a rubber band? Smile

me.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Holy crap! That kind of freak thing could result in a law suit! Been there, done that! I was doing super needled balloon at a school. Had the long sharp needle on my table. Bumped it with my hand and it shot like a rocket into the audience, nearly missing a childs eye by mere inches! What a horrible sight that would have been if the thing penetrated and stuck! I can't imagine a child with a foot long needle sticking out of his eye socket. Makes me tremble with goosebumps to imagine what the consequences could have been.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2005-01-01 12:11, daffydoug wrote:
Holy crap! That kind of freak thing could result in a law suit! Been there, done that! I was doing super needled balloon at a school. Had the long sharp needle on my table. Bumped it with my hand and it shot like a rocket into the audience, nearly missing a childs eye by mere inches! [...]

Thank goodness it only "nearly" missed. Had it missed completely it could have been a total disaster Smile

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Pick pick pick.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Rubber Bands and Elasticity. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL