The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Connecting two tables (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dominik
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
143 Posts

Profile of dominik
Here is the situation: You are performing in a bar for a group of guys. You know they came looking for girls.
I figure the best way to make the guys stay and drink more is to give them what they came looking for. Say there is another table with a group of girls. How do you connect the two tables? How to involve both in a conversation?
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
I wouldn't risk to cause the girls to leave...

I only connect tables when they connect to each other by themselves by looking at me at the same time. Then, I manage the situation to go on with my performance for the two tables at the same time. But I won't take any initiative such as trying to connect people.
If they want to offer a drink to them, they don't need you to do it.

That's for me, I don't say that my position is the only one...
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Use tricks that involve more than one person(except for you of course) . then go ask one of the girls at the other table if she would be interested to help out with a trick. if she agrees her friends will of course get curious and you can go from there. this way you don't seem impolite. you give them a choice.

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Body angles. Angle your position so that the ladies can see what you are doing. IF they start to show an interest, start to involve them. If not, then do NOT, under any circumstances.

I saw a magician do that once and, as it turned out, one of the guys at the table he pulled them in to (literally, as in grabbing several of the ladies and pulling them over to the table by the wrist), was one of the ladies' ex-boyfriends!

BAD situation!

Remember, you don't know who the people are at the club or restaurant. One of the guys might be a stalker (I have seen it), or an ex (I have seen it), or the cop that hassled one of the ladies earlier in the day (I have seen it) or an older sibling who did not know that his underage sister was there with a really good fake ID (I've seen that more times that I care to remember!).

So pull them in ONLY if the ladies start to express an interest.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I often times will take a step back to do a bigger trick for several tables at once if I'm at a banquet and everybody knows each other.
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Your job is NOT to play matchmaker now is it?

do tricks loud enough and big enough so if the girls want to engage YOU then it is possible, but as said above it is poor taste to do it any other way in a bar.

As Al said at a banquet it may not be a bad idea to be doing this, but at a bar where guys are spacifically on the prowl, it may not work out so well for you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
snm
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of snm
Lee is absolutely right. Take his advice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Connecting two tables (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL