The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Royal Road DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Algebra2
View Profile
Regular user
CA
156 Posts

Profile of Algebra2
How about just putting all books into DVD?
PRISM by Max Maven now on DVD from L and L Publishing..I wish..Totally Of Control by Chris Kenner is another book I'd like turned into a DVD set..Paul Harris is doing it..bring it on more money...David Blaine presents..Criss Angel presents..Easy to Master Math Magic by..
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Of course they will. There is a market. Why do you think the movie indusry is so strong? Most people would rather sit down and see a story unfold than read it in a book. Why should learning magic be any different?

Tony
magictrickstur
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magictrickstur
Or Current book that are released can come with an optional DVD.

this way they can make money on both ends and it is providing a service.
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Quote:
On 2006-02-24 14:07, magictrickstur wrote:

I think this is going to be the newest fad remaking old books into dvd.

If so, then long may it continue!
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
I know that "Purist" Smile tends to favor books over Vids/DVDs, but I wonder if this excellent new collection would raise a standard to cause a paradigm shift?

"Visual" learning may be the preferred method for many new aspiring card-men.

Bosco
pierre888
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of pierre888
As much as I would like to get both, its gonna cost a lot... I was just wondering how each compares to each other considering its based on the same book? how come one has more dvds than the other (im not insuating this could be the basis of it being better than the other) but I would just like to know how to account for the difference in time spent teaching a section of the book or where all sections indeed taught in both....
Tigerrune
View Profile
New user
Waterloo, Ontario
35 Posts

Profile of Tigerrune
I agree with pierre888 and others on price. I don't think I'll buy both either. I've got the book, and REALLY liked it. In fact I flew through the first bit while practicing everything step by step... then got frustrated... and just read through the rest. I do a lot of reading, but I'd still like to see it on DVD, AND I don't want to devote my life to cards. I did start there and I like some of it but a beginning hobby magician has to pick and choose.

It will be one or the other but not both. Now to read more reviews!
-R-
Magic CPA
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Magic CPA
I just picked up the MM Royal Road DVD set for only $6.75 on EBAY. The instruction is very good and the material is well covered. And for the price, it can't be beat!
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On 2006-01-11 21:37, Jerry wrote:
I would love to see a JB Bobo DVD version.
Jerry

That would be Modern Coin Magic, Great DVD. I hope to have this soon as well, as the visual timing of an effect can be ascertained much easier on video. Most of the responses here are negative from those who simply have a biased opinion about MM's, not the quality of the material. Personally I don't buy knock-offs, only original material that is quality, regardless of the company. However I do A LOT of extensive research first.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
jmuscold
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of jmuscold
I got the 4 dvd set for $20 with shipping on ebay, so if you are looking for I would suggest looking for it there.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Thanks. I prefer new to used however, wonder if Ebay has any new ones?
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Have you tried magicauction.com? They have new items and I've seen Royal Road DVDs recently for auction.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I checked Magic Auction, but it seems to be a pain to navigate. I entered the search terms and it took me to an entire page as opposed to just the item. Also the DVD link does not work on the site. However I found some good deals on Ebay, thanks for the recommendation. It appears that a few people are selling a lot of the bonuses they got for free from Penguin. Clever, but I prefer to keep the good stuff.

They probably made multiple orders to keep getting the sets to sell. I look forward to these!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Royal Road DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL