The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Fortunetelling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
What method of divination would be used to forsee an event as far as 20-30 years into the future. I understand Tarot is for short time frames. I need this information for a book I am writing that I want to make sure the scene is accurate.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Sounds like a fiction book?? if so, devise your own divinatory tool to be used therein...branches, bones, stones, plants...could be some unknown divination method exclusive to this or that culture/shaman...

otherwise, even tarot can be used as a long distance diviner...being the BS it all really is Smile

in bizarre, and the like, the world is truly yours to create...

how ya been by the way Pastor Will? Love!

Baba
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Scrying (spelling) that's how nostradamus did it.
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I think that he took drugs too. Really.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Possible...he got some wicked visions though...i wonder what he was on....hehe

No really!!
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
The Force!
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Joe Xavier
View Profile
Regular user
Borneo Islands
149 Posts

Profile of Joe Xavier
Nostradamus' tool was just a bong. He gazed into the bubbles.... lol...

A good way would be to calculate the amount of gases and pollutants emitted everyday into the ozone and see how long the earth would last.

Then, guess what would happen then...

Lets say, extreme green house effects 30 years from now. Just mention, the sun will release bigger fires or something like that... Sound prophetic...

It worked for Nostradamus...

Joe
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
But the weird thing is that Nostradamus mentioned something about a monk who predicted all the Popes + their names and what they will offer/do + the period of their reign...so far he's right! this year he says that we are going to have a new pope who will be somewhat young open minded, but will get assasinated in public....

and the apocalypse will start the day we have TWO popes! (hmmmm church hunting down the line of these two n murdering them?? nice movie! any producer around here? lol)

No really!!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On 2006-01-16 18:58, Gede Nibo wrote:
Sounds like a fiction book?? if so, devise your own divinatory tool to be used therein...branches, bones, stones, plants...could be some unknown divination method exclusive to this or that culture/shaman...
Baba

The story is fiction as far as the characters and places but authentic as far as the events. The whole thing reads like fiction but I wanted scenes like the embalming scene and the fortune telling scene to be as accurate to procedure as possible.

Been well Baba, hope you have too.

Love

Willie
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
You would want to use a divination system consistent with the story setting. Runes for a Nordic setting etc...

Astrology is always good...most cultures have some variation on that...same with palm reading or some form of Tarot/card divination.
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
Scrying by looking into a black mirror or a dish of water are two methods that might reasonably be used for long-term fortunetelling.

The oracle at Delphi was a woman seated in an alcove where she was probably intoxicated by the fumes from the earth. Her pronouncements were so vague that they had to be interpreted by the priests attending her.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
MindStepper
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of MindStepper
Just a question from my more knowledgable peers: the dictionary describes, "scrying" as looking into a crystal ball to predict the future. Has it developed into further uses over the years, or is that still the correct one?

Thanks for the information.

Verne
MindStepper
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Haruspication or failing that scrying (with a crystal ball).

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
7th_Son
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
437 Posts

Profile of 7th_Son
Quote:
On 2006-01-16 18:53, weepinwil wrote:
What method of divination would be used to forsee an event as far as 20-30 years into the future.

Maybe studying the entrails of a dead mammal. Very common in the ancient world.
"Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!" - Groucho Marx
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Scrying is still used mostly with a crystal ball. Other ways it is done is with a dish of water or a black mirror. Any color-neutral undifferentiated field of vision will work. It is very similar to being snow-blind, looking at the bright white of the snow for so long your eyesight basically shuts down because of no change in input. With so much of your brain assigned to visual input, when that slows down other images come forward from other parts of the brain. The snowblind result is called the ganzfield effect. You can do it with ping pong balls, cut in half and placed over each eye. You have to set it up so all you see is the white of the inside of the ball, no light leaks, variations in light or other input at all. Stay like that a bit and you will experience the ganzfield effect.
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
"Maybe studying the entrails of a dead mammal. Very common in the ancient world."

Yup, that's Haruspication. Scrying may be more practical! : )

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Being regressed into the future via hypontic suggestion. One interested might want to check out the works of Dr. Bruce Goldberg on this topic.

Rick
Self concept is destiny..
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
For making long range predictionbs I suggest "Soothsayer" by Jack Dean.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Fortunetelling (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL