The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Spam & E-mail addresses » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JasonbytheOcean
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, D.C.
102 Posts

Profile of JasonbytheOcean
Hi,

I have recently started receiving spam targeted at magicians at an e-mail address I have only used here in the Café. I can not say this with 100% certainty, but it appears highly likely that someone is searching the profiles of the Café for e-mail addresses to spam. Can you please make it possible to hide our e-mail addresses in our online profiles? Thank you.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
You can do this yourself. Simply click on the preferences tab in upper right corner of any Café page. The first option you will see is "allow members to view my E-mail address". Just click no.
Where the magic begins
JasonbytheOcean
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, D.C.
102 Posts

Profile of JasonbytheOcean
Hi Dave,

Thanks for pointing this out, I had missed how to do that. I appreciate the suggestion.
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
For the benefit of all members here, please note that the Café does not set your preferences to show your email address by default, (i.e., when you registered it was set up as "no"). If it's being shown it's because you chose to show it, so be advised that if you want it to be shown, you have to make the change yourself on your Edit Preferences page.

Thanks.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Spam & E-mail addresses » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL