The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Best false dealer youve seen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
464 Posts

Profile of Kingry
Can't believe no one mentioned Ricky Jay. Glen I agree with you 100%. Some say if you show skill, they won't believe it's real magic. Who are we kidding. Spectators realize magic can only be done through dexterity or gimmicks. I never want it to be a question in their minds.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Great points Kingry

I agree and also feel Ricky Jay is tops.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
763 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Sorry to get off topic but regarding the old question of whether or not to show skill :
In all the discussions , books , and essays on this old topic - I've never seen anyone mention that a certain level of (supernatural ) skill can be presented ( and regarded ) as an effect of magic in it's own right .
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
That is a great point Dowser,

In the far east and the martial arts, skill can have a spiritual, magical, effect - on humans involved. Why not in magicians magic?
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Tony Noice
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of Tony Noice
Dowser and Bish,
Right on!! I have never accepted the idea that when an audience believes the magician is skillful, it lessens their sense of wonder. Take the Jazz Aces. If the audience believes that the magician is so skillful that he can exchange cards three times in a row without apparently going near them, this is in itself mind-boggling. The perception of super-human skill creates just as emotional an aesthetic response as complete bewilderment.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Great points Tony. I agree 100%!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
North Starr Entertainment, Harrisburg PA
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
My favorite dealer is Simon Lovell, he is amazing to watch. Hell even when he shows you what he is doing it's hard to catch.
Smile
"For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet may be. But which it that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell"
~Galadriel

"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
It has been awhile, but as I recall Persi Diaconis dealt cards with no difference ini the look, sound, etc. regardless of where the card came from, top, second or?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
brownitus
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of brownitus
I've never seen or met a "real" cheat or anything, yet to answer the question with basically the criteria of having seen an individual perform false deals in whatever situation, I can't remember how long it took me to unfreeze my "seen-a-ghost"-ized face after seeing Steve Forte on the World's Greatest Magic special. When they busted out the slo-mo cameras and zoomed in on his hands, hoochimama! The cyborg hooked me into this field with them deals...

Take care
Bobby
"Everything that can be invented has been invented." - Charles H. Duell, US Commissioner of Patents, 1899
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Quote:
On 2006-01-17 22:24, Pete Biro wrote:
On second thought... (pun intended) the BEST false dealers have not been seen, or caught that is... when they deal YOU DON'T SEE ANYTHING suspicious... they just take the money.

right on mr biro.
so to put it this way , from the false dealers I have seen I consider richard turner to be the best.

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
lchemist
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of lchemist
Pete:

Didn't Diaconis, when he was a kid, learn to deal seconds from Carlyle?
lchemist
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of lchemist
Quote:
On 2006-01-19 14:34, MichielTummers wrote:
The professor, marlo, erdnase, lepaul, Darwin ortiz, jason england, steve forte

these r the hotshots.

Have you seen Erdnase dealing seconds?
brownitus
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of brownitus
He lives in my basement along with Mr. Presley. He shows me his deals all the time.
"Everything that can be invented has been invented." - Charles H. Duell, US Commissioner of Patents, 1899
Uggla
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Uggla
Lchemist that's right Persi learned it first from Francis Carlyle.
Persi`s false deals looks great, even in 2006 when he hadnt practised in a long time. When he borrowed my Tally hoo he said it feels good to hold a real deck of cards again. He learned his second from Carlyle and his bottom from Artanis, both looks real good.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
There are two kinds of false dealer: Then that are the best and them that get caught. They say there are two kinds of people: Them that think there two kinds of people and them that think it’s more complex than that. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Best false dealer youve seen (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL