The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » How/Where did you learn to do that? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Questions like "Where did you learn that?" or "How long have you been doing this?" are very different than "How did you do that?" The former questions are expressed sincerely with a sense of admiration. In other words, it's an implied compliment.

I've always thought such compliments deserved a sincere answer (even if it's not entirely true!). This is a tremendous opportunity to let my spectators get to know me on a more personal/human level and for me to get to know them a little better as well. So, I leave the glib comments in the bag and give them a serious answer.

Once they've gotten to know me as a person (and hopefully they like what they see) they are on my side. They want to see me succeed. They may tell their friends about me. And they may keep coming back to the restaurant week after week. Once that happens, I know I've done my job.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
themagicofjoseph
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of themagicofjoseph
I tell some, this happens everytime I do a trick. (lift my cap and show a bald head)Ya lose one each time. Then laugh. Depending on the people, reactions can very, mostly it's, "If you liked that...check this out, then go into something else.
This is something you must PLAN ON happening and work out different ways to handle it. I never say it is real magic, because it is not, but if they precieve it as real, then you've learned the effect and presentation well.
Magically,
Joseph
steve j
View Profile
Special user
Long Island, New York
559 Posts

Profile of steve j
Normally I say that I didn't have a life in high school, it gets a laugh and it's true...i really didn't.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Shaun Robinson
My performance elevates the art of magic, and my silly answers make people laugh. You seem to have entertainment confused with education.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
I like to say I was the owner of a Magic Shop.

One time I said I own a magic shop and they said "oh I would like to stop by"
then I say No "I WAS the owner of a magic shop.

Maro
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
Transfer
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Transfer
I sit watching magic videos over and over again in super slow motion and pause it every second to figure out the secerts or somthing like that Smile

Rob
"You don't get into magic , magic gets into you."
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
When they ask me about my sleight of hand magic I say "I learn it from books and other Magicians" when they ask about my mind reading, and PK stuff I say many years and years of meditation, concentration, and a god given gift, because I want some of my magic to be playful "how did he do that" effects, and I want certain effects in which I play off as real magic because I want to be respected as a performer and I want them to think I am a magician and not just some guy who plays a magician.
Who is Tattoo Joe?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » How/Where did you learn to do that? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL