The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Anti-Magic Christians (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
It would be an error not to recognize terminolgy and how it relates to the matter.

The words we use and know now, were not the same as they were before the dark ages and had very different meanings. Four little words Occult, Esoteric, Arcane and Reincarnation.

1. OCCULT is a term meaning to hide or keep from veiw. During those times of the inquisition and later times of persecution, wiccans ,pagans, etc had good reason to 'hide from veiw' so most everything hidden from veiw, was classed as non Christian and was labeled with the term. It is actualy a scientific term, and is used as a verb, instead of the common use today as an adjective.

Etymology: Latin occultare, frequentative of occulere
: to shut off from view or exposure :

It is given unto you know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. Matt 13:11

Now by the admission of Jesus we know the true teachings are occult in nature and always have been.

2.ESOTERIC is a term used to describe knowledge that is kept for selected persons.

Etymology: Late Latin esotericus, from Greek esOterikos, from esOterO, comparative of eisO, esO within, from eis into; akin to Greek en in -- more at IN
1 a : designed for or understood by the specially initiated alone <a body of esoteric legal doctrine -- B. N. Cardozo> b : requiring or exhibiting knowledge that is restricted to a small group <esoteric terminology> <esoteric strategies>; broadly : difficult to understand <esoteric subjects>

John 3:3 Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Isaih 29:11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot for it is sealed.

3.ARCANE something kept secret from others.

Etymology: Latin arcanus
: known or knowable only to the initiate : SECRET <arcane rites>;

Matt7:7 Ask and it shall be given to you, seek and ye shall find, knock and It shall be opened to you.

John 1:12 To as many as received him, to them he gave power to become the Sons of God. (more than one Son of God?)

4. REINCARNATION:1 a : the action of reincarnating : the state of being reincarnated b : rebirth in new bodies or forms of life; especially : a rebirth of a soul in a new human body
2 : a fresh embodiment

Matt 11:14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.
(John the Baptist being the reincarnation of Elias, from Hebrew ElIyAh
: ELIJAH)

Now this is a lot to consider, but in proper terms, the Holy Bible and teachings of Jesus, (and there are many more references if one was to dig in and study), is one of the most Occult, Arcane and Esoteric books and religions in existance. Jesus himself put forth an actual incidence of reincarnation, though he did not lead anyone to believe it occurred on a regular basis, he made this destinction so you would know it is possible.

Terms are terms don't ever lose the spirit over terminology misunderstandings.

The letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. 2 Cor 3:6

Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. Rev 22:15

I believe from this translation there is a very solid case against magic, and the relationship of falsehood. One should probably run it through several version translations to get to the bottom line spirit of the scripture.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
To the above I would like to add, that I like to study on a regular basis, and anyone that wants to explore my rather unusual scriptural insights is welcome to email or PM rather than explore them further here.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
I have done many presentations at, for, and with many kinds of churches over the years. There are two problematic types I have encountered:

1)The overly intense individual going to a church where everyone else is content to watch the show, but they must voice thier discontent with your "dark arts" and "jiggery pokery".

2)The situation where the congregation is totaly fine with everything in the show but someone in leadership has to act as a dark cloud over the magic parade. Obviously, the leader hasnt gotten the masses in step with thier views yet!

In both cases, it seems to be an issue of personal convitions built on whatever "fundagelical-evangamatic-mehto-bap-tirian" paradigm these folks come from. Its not just magic, friends, with these folks it is also which songs you sing, where the flag is displayed, etc, etc, etc. You get the idea.

As long as there is substance in what you are showing and saying, you will not run into too many wildly delusional opposers to your magic in a Christian setting. In fact, I have recently added a "spirit message" type routine that somewhat paralells the parable of the rich man who went to hades and wished to warn his brothers from beyond the grave. It is always well recieved.

Press on. don't let the fringe folks shake you.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Anti-Magic Christians (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL