The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best shells for flashing both sides? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Well, these Chinese coins are not something that people see everyday. So they might be inclined to think they are a "trick" coin. That said, I didn't recommend flashing them. I just stated that it COULD be done. It IS a nice "security blanket" to know that they are so well camouflagued.

I follow up the shell/flipper routine with a routine that uses normal chinese coins that the spectator handles (I'm thinking about also trying Dan's "4 coins, your hands" with chinese coins). I agree that routining in such a way leaves no doubt in the spectator's mind that the coins are normal.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Also, the original post asked specifically which were the best shells for flashing both sides. Whether it's advisable or not to do so, these chinese shells (and the flipper) work really good for that.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
My nearly normal suggestion would be don't run if you are not being chased.

To my audiences, my generic shells seem to play as well as those from Mr. T.L.

It is the effect, whether I use multiple [, or c.p. a dime, penny, nickle, quarter, susan b anthony and liberty on top of each other to be produced one at a time........
one must connect with your audiences, not with your props, and days, months, years decades of rehearsal and practice.

Within your performing character flash(let them know you) more than your props.

Just 2 liberty half dollars worth from

Harris Deutsch
Laughologist and Nearly Normal Coin Guy.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
RawVoodoo
View Profile
New user
ohio
62 Posts

Profile of RawVoodoo
http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/customer/pr......;page=10

its called Mint Condition. its a regular expanded [ with a sliver of coin inside so even when you flash the inside you see only coin. Perfect for waht you asked for.
Algebra2
View Profile
Regular user
CA
156 Posts

Profile of Algebra2
Johnson I think is pretty good shell but there may be better more expensive out there...
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On 2006-02-18 02:38, RawVoodoo wrote:
http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/customer/pr......;page=10

its called Mint Condition. its a regular expanded [ with a sliver of coin inside so even when you flash the inside you see only coin. Perfect for waht you asked for.

Actually, this was brought to market by JBMagic and MAK Magic. From an idea of Tom Gagnon's, first published in his book 'Sleightly Original'. There was a good bit of controversy at the time because no permission was requested.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I like my Spare Change by David Acer!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
gkfreed
View Profile
Special user
532 Posts

Profile of gkfreed
[ its called Mint Condition. its a regular expanded [ with a sliver of coin inside so even when you flash the inside you see only coin. Perfect for waht you asked for.
[/quote]

Actually, the best feature of Mint Condition for me was the magnetic shim built in. As stated, the "flashing" feature seems silly, but a nice thin shim built into a shell would be very nice.
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
Gentlemen,
Doomo is quite correct, Tom Gagnon was the originator of the flashible shell idea and marketed it briefly before it was copied, without permission, by a number of others. He still has some of them and sells them for a very reasonable price, should any of you be interested in obtaining Tom's original and still the best made version.

Wesley James
Aaron Moring
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
165 Posts

Profile of Aaron Moring
Wesley,
I'd be interested in one of these. Do you have any contact info for Tom Gagnon?
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
Aaron,
I can give you his email address, you can take it from there. He can be contacted at:

tag17@daimlerchrysler.com

Wesley James
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best shells for flashing both sides? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL