The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chester M
View Profile
New user
Saskatchewan, Canada
24 Posts

Profile of Chester M
Hello Group!
Figured I'd make my membership official and log in to say hello.
Yes, I'm the one that created "Close-Up with Chester".
Thank you for the feed back that everyone gave for the show via "Icy Rabbit".
Very good observations, I've enjoyed reading them and have considered many.
Regardless, I should point out a few things just to let everyone in on the thinking behind the creation.
I've actually had enough of the made for television magic. So I decieded to take a shot at it but.....
I wanted a "Real" show, no fancy editing, no sounds track reactions etc.
What people watch is actually exactly what they would see if they were in the audience.
I do not do any retakes, mainly because things happen in a live show that you may not be proud of, but, to remove them because I can is not fair to the viewers that weren't at the live show. So, you may see things or here bad patter etc. that makes the show seem less that what you now expect on regular television.
To be honest, I will allow a retake if and only if the entegrity of a secret is at stake.
We only use two cameras which require the "two shot" editing for a better view of the closer events. We have played with a one camera show but the zooming in and out would probably make most viewers sick not to mention create the need for people to email and ask why we don't use more cameras.
Anyway, the show isn't to show the world that I'm one of the worlds greatest, on the other hand it shows what most people can expect if they should hire a standard magician. I also want to include other performers to keep the show watchable, these performers can be new beginners all the way to seasoned pros, we want people to get the whole gamit that's out there.
Anyway, the show is presently on hold due to both cameras being sent for repairs. Hopefully we will be back up and running very soon.
By the way, the Dr. Daly was a bunked performance, I seldom if ever perform it that way, it's always done with two aces of the same color. That's one of the examples of not going for a re-do, it happened, I didn't like it, but hey that's a human performing what people interpret as magic.

I'm looking forward to more discussion on the show and all aspects of the art.
Thanks for reading, all the way to the end!
Magically,
Chester
kdb424
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburg PA
120 Posts

Profile of kdb424
Hi, Nice to have you here. Do you have a d'ite?
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Welcome to the Café!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Welcome to the Café! Chester, I do understand what you mean by "I wanted a "Real" show, no fancy editing, no sounds track reactions etc.
What people watch is actually exactly what they would see if they were in the audience. As a producer of a Cable Magic show I did my best to give the audience at home a grat view of what the Magicians were doing and the only time I edit a cut was for a close up when the Magician is talking to the audience, I never cut when the magic was being done.

Again welcome aboard Chester and hope to chat with you soon,

all the best,

Maro
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Chester,

Apologies for not greeting you earlier. Welcome!
I enjoyed reading your introduction and will look forward to your post. Please don't hesitate to join in the conversations as it's a friendly place. Have fun!
Chester M
View Profile
New user
Saskatchewan, Canada
24 Posts

Profile of Chester M
Thanks to all for the greetings, and thank you Chrystal, your observations are most appreciated!
I look forward to conversing with everyone and continueing to learn.

Here's the short sweet version of a bio: Started magic at age 7, performed publicly at age 10 (even got paid), been performing ever since which has now been 40 years. Have performed all types of magic and related arts, close-up, platform, trade show, grand illusion, mentalism, escapes and fire eating. Performances have been from coast to coast in Canada and the United States over the years.

By the way, the show I was referring to in my welcome can be viewed at:
http://www.litvnet.com just click on "Close-Up with Chester" or you can view the archives.

Thanks again!
Magically,
Chester
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL