The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Free street magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kdb424
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburg PA
120 Posts

Profile of kdb424
Does anyone know where I can find street magic? I have no job and only $30. So it's hard to buy magic. So I try to create my own.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Street magic is basically close up magic done on the street. A Library should have a few magic books that would have an ample supply of close up tricks. That should cost you nothing, most of the tricks in those books can be done with fairly available objects such as cards, coins, matches, pencils, pens, etc. Things that your $30 should be able to supply yourself with.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
sbroomheadsr
View Profile
New user
Retired, so I only have
59 Posts

Profile of sbroomheadsr
The public library here in Nashville has a good selections of books. I have also found some good deals at the used bookstores. With all of the students that flow thru here, the supply in these bookstores are pretty good. I have found some older books for less than $3 that have been excellent resources.
S Broomhead
Skarn
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Skarn
You could join a magic club as well. Check with your local magic shop and see what clubs they are aware of in your area.

Skarn
It's better to burn out...than to fade away....
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Bit suspicious of this one, noticed the signature website and checked this person's registration which lists the same website. It is a new online-magic store that apparently specializes in inexpensive close-up tricks, so far, what is mostly up is card tricks, says grand opening coming soon. Think this post was a set up for advertisement of the webstore.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I doubt that the new "store" would be much of a threat coming from a free hosted account on tripod.com

I see it more as a young magic student thinking he can "cash in" quickly by reselling things from home. KDB, I'm not trying to kill your enthusiasm, but my 14 year old stepson thought he could do the same thing, but he quickly realized he hadn't thought it through and it was doomed to fail before he even got started. You'll also quickly learn that efforts to "work" the Café to your advantage rarely succeed, as evidenced by your rather rapid decline in post count in recent days.

To better answer KDB's question, all you really need is a piece of rope, maybe a TT, a deck of cards, and a lot of guts. Don't even try to emulate the Blaine followers. If you're in it to make money, you need more than one at a time interactions. Doing a set of two or three tricks once for 20 people is much more efficient use of your time than the same trick twenty times to twenty separate people.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Free street magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL