The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant » » PINNACLE by Russ Niedzwiecki. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Oct.22/05

The Effect:

A borrowed object (finger ring). An everyday object (rubber band. Two of the strongest components of powerful magical experience combine in this four-phase presentation, whereby a rubber band penetrates on and off a finger ring-one strand at a time!

How It Went:

Really well. There's a couple of things that I really like about this routine. It's visual, it uses only my wedding ring and an elastic, and there's no concrete explanation on how it's done. That said, however, I find that's it's not really a shocker per se. I performed Pinnacle around 20 times for about 60 people yesterday and found that the reactions, for the most part, were low key. A dozen were astounded, 1 was unimpressed, but everyone else was magically satisfied. I felt that everyone enjoyed it, minus 1, and that's the important part.

Best Line:

"Heeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy!"

The Angry Bob Rating:

I have a co-worker (Bob) whose uncle was a magician and thereby has a good working knowledge of how magic works. He's pretty grumpy but likes Magic Friday's because he can tell me how he figuered out how it was done...

5/5. There was no way Bob could ever recreate this effect without the hours of practice that I had put into it. He took the elastic and tried to entangle it aroung the ring somehow but gave up in disgust.

My Rating:

4.5/5
. A solid worker.

The Django Tip:

Keep it slooooooow. If you move too fast, people will just see a flurry of elastic, hands, and metal. I also performed it on a horizontal plane as opposed to a vertical one.

Closing Thoughts:

Not much to say, really. Highly recommended. Good work Russ!
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant » » PINNACLE by Russ Niedzwiecki. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL