The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Strange and Unusual Hobbies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
I'm not one to be a boastful type but just wanted to let you know that I'm very proud of the fact that my Off-Broadway show Strange and Unusual Hobbies at the SoHo Playhouse here in NYC has just had its one-year anniversary and still has an open-ended run. I'm very pleased with the show and, if you are in NYC or visiting, you can e-mail me for special ticket deals for magical visitors. You can see the poster etc on my site (simonlovell.com) or at the theater site (sohoplayhouse.com). It was described by the NY Daily News as, "Mindblowing" and by the Wall St. Journal as, "A dazzling 70 minute show!" During the month of Feb we'll also have a very special warm-up act for the show ... Emmy award winning writer Ted Greenburg will strut his funky stuff before my main set.

OK, going to take my medication now to get my feet back on the ground where they belong!

Simon Lovell
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Plenty of reason to boast Simon. Ahhh...an enviable achievement and wish you ongoing success.

And hear I thought, because of topic title, I'd be able to boast about my own strange and unusual hobbies.
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
Thanks Randy,

Though now you have me a little worried about those hobbies of yours! LOL

Simon
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Congrats Simon! Keep it going!

Robert Sixx
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
Thank you Robert,

I hope you'll get to see the show!

Simon
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Simon:
Is it true that you will be presenting your show, "Strange and Unusual Hobbies" at the Mystery Lounge in Cambridge Massachusetts on February 7th? If it is, it seems like a great opportunity for those in the New England area, who do not make it to New York, to come see this fantastic show.
Tony
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
Tony,

That's correct. Actually because of the different conditions and time constraints some pieces have to be changed and/or eliminated but very few. The show is 90% of the NYC one. If you make it be sure to come and say hello!

Simon
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Simon,

Like Randy I had a list ready to post of my unusual hobbies...ah well maybe next time! Like yourself, keeping dead stuffed crows isn't one of them. :O)

It's great to hear that your show is a running success! Best wishes!

C
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
Chrystal,

Sidney the semi-psychic water dowsing crow is still on my bookshelf wearing his sunglasses!

Thanks for the kind thoughts on the show!

Simon
Adam Hince
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
509 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
I just got back from NYC and had a chance to check out Simon's show. Excellent! I recommend it to anyone. I was not aware of the discount from Simon, but it was STILL worth the modest price of $30. And yes, Ted Greenburg was HILARIOUS too! I didn't get a chance to speak with you at any length after the show, but regardless, thanks for a great evening of magic, Simon!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Simon,

Well hello, and well done! Maybe someday I can get to NY and see your show again.

Dennis

PS.. If you forgot, we had a few in the Poconos!
Dennis Michael
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
Dear Adam,

Glad you enjoyed the show ... come again anytime at a discount price next time!

Dennis be great to see you there too to sink a few more!

Ted Greenburg has now been extended through March and we love having him on the show. His style is totally eccentric and his observations brillianty witty!

Simon
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Hey Head Lemming,

I'll get out there this spring to see you.... It's been a while my friend.

Tom
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
Tom,

You are welcome any time old chum ... the first pint will be on me of course!

Simon
Chris Becker
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
371 Posts

Profile of Chris Becker
I saw Simon in Cambridge last October or November. My friends and I greatly enjoyed the show! Check it out when you're in NY!

-Christof
- - -
<BR>Cards don't cheat people. People cheat people.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Belated congratulations Maestro Lovell! It's great to see that a transplanted lemming (yes, I have read some of your material) is doing so well on these shores!

With luck, I'll be out your way later this year and will be able to see the production. It's on my "must see" list.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
ThorstenHappel
View Profile
Loyal user
Düsseldorf / New York, NY
203 Posts

Profile of ThorstenHappel
When you are in New York over a weekend, Simon's show is a MUST SEE. Run, don’t walk. Five stars and an extra. All thumbs up. Very highly recommended.

If you want to be bored by mediocre hyper cool magician's that watch to much TV, don't know a Faro from a longitudinal shift and use fancy cards they bought online ... go see another show.

If you have a sense for hilarious British humor, impeccable comedy timing, wonderful strange stories, breathtaking sleight-of-hand ... and mouth (!), and want to spend an evening with one of the best card experts in the world, you have to see Simon's show at New York's SoHo Playhouse. Bring your friend's and enjoy one of the most entertaining shows you will see in a long time.

And make sure you talk to Simon after the show. He is one of the nicest guys to hang out with and he will kill you with his amazing seconds, thirds, bottoms, centers ... card sharks beware!

For more information go to: http://www.sohoplayhouse.com/simonlovell.htm

[Okay, yes, I admit, I am a friend of Simon. But he did not pay me to say this and I would think exactly the same about this show without knowing him. Hell, I would want to become his friend after seeing it.]
Thorsten
-----------------------------------------

"If this be magic, let it be an art ..."
-- William Shakespeare, The Winter's Tale, Act 5, Scene 3
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
Thanks Thorsten,

I'll be sure to bring in one of the new posters for my show to the Fantasma magical experience during the week!

NYC certainly is a very magical place right now!

Simon
ThorstenHappel
View Profile
Loyal user
Düsseldorf / New York, NY
203 Posts

Profile of ThorstenHappel
Always a pleasure, Simon.

See you tomorrow at Monday Night Magic.

Can't wait to see you there on stage again.
Thorsten
-----------------------------------------

"If this be magic, let it be an art ..."
-- William Shakespeare, The Winter's Tale, Act 5, Scene 3
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
See you there Thorsten and, afterwards, we'll sink a pint or three together!

Simon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Strange and Unusual Hobbies (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL