The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Types of 'marks' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I've been hitting Fast and Loose, hard and fast at the moment and I've noticed a few different types of marks whose way of thinking tends to lessen the impact of the routine.

For example, some people make a big deal about not caring if they win or lose, others waste too much time choosing a loop and others always exclaim "oh, I bet a lose' no matter where they pick and what they bet.

Its usually an act so they don't feel stupid if they lose.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I haven't seen too many of the "not caring" folk, but a lot of the other two. Even when the prize was a worthless souvenir, they would obsess over their decision to the point of others losing interest and walking away. For the last group, I like Whit's shell game line "That's a defeatist attitude!" and keep the pace moving by repeating the "proving" moves once again. If I keep the pace brisk nobody seemed to think ahead enough to challenge that each "proof" destroyed the evidence, and the subsequent toss could be crooked once again. If so, I was ready to "prove" that one too, and I think it was my attitude toward making certain that I was "playing fair" made them finally soften up and play along.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Go see the suggestions on Whit Haydn's "Scoundrels Forum" http://www.whithaydn.com/smf/index.php
There's enough there to put any kind of spin you want on your approach.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Types of 'marks' (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL