The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » BandShark by Dan Harlan review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
I purchased this dvd so I could put additional phases to the Pinnacle routine I perform. To be honest, the video had some good and bad effects in it. However, I like it.

The contents and my views on them are:

Bandlocked: A rubber band continuously snaps through your fingers under impossible conditions.
*a very old concept, most of us know about this for sure but Dan adds a few moves to make this magical. very nice.
Instant Separation: Four rubber bands are wrapped around your fingers and fist but when the hand is shaken each of the rubber bands ends up on a different finger.
*requires different colored bands. Needs a table. Never tried it on audiences. A really nice display at the end.
Traveling Tips: A streamlined variation of Dan Harlan's award winning, "Traveling Cash," routine. It is an outstanding piece of magic where two rubber bands are held between the hands and a spectator holds the top of four strands. Then, magically and visually the held strand begins to travel down to second, third and fourth positions. A reputation maker.
*Nice impromptu miracle with two identical bands. It plays really strong on lay people. Requires TONS of practice to make it look natural. I like this.
Original Impromptu Linking Rubber Bands: Dan Harlan's original method of linking and unlinking rubber bands.
*My favorite on the disc . Impromptu piece with 2 different rubberbands.
P'Link: Two different colored rubber bands link and visually unlink as the hands are shown on both sides.
*This is an ok effect that can be done after the previous routine. Very convincing.
Snapped Again: A rubber band is convincingly broken and visually restored.
*I didn't care much about this routine. Very visual though, you might like it.
Incredible Shrinking Rubber Band: A rubber band visibly shrinks until it is so small it disappears.
*Requires a setup , uses a clever concept. Not impromptu unless you carry bands always.
Rubber Ring Flight: A borrowed finger ring vanishes and visually reappears tied to a rubber band.
*A pretty effect IF AND ONLY IF you do it smoothly.Uses the same concept as the previous routine.
Another Ringer: A variation of Bill Kalush's Rubber Ringer where a finger ring links and unlinks to a rubber band.
*I thought this would be a great addition to the Pinnacle routine I'm doing. I was disappointed.
Joint Venture: A rubber band is wrapped around your finger and magically penetrates right through it. The sequence is repeated under more impossible conditions.
*Doesn't work for all fingers. Fatty fingers would benefit from this. Very visual impromptu piece with a single rubberband.
Wrist Band: A rubber band is wrapped around your wrist and magically penetrates right through it.
*Another visual piece with a single band- IMPROMPTU.
Michael Goldman's Twisted: Two strands of a rubber band visually rise through each other while being held by a spectator.
*Penetrating bands with only one band! Beat that! very nice.
Band Roll-On: While a spectator is holding your finger a rubber band impossibly penetrates right through it.
*I was looking forward to this effect as it looked very nice. Again, I was disappointed. NOT impromptu and not very easy to do like the others. You are dirty at the end.

There's my views. It's a good video. 7 out of 10..
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
Can anyone tell me where Dan Harlan's "Traveling Cash" is in print or video? I find his "Traveling Tips" over and over but WHERE is "Traveling Cash".

Regards,

Barrett James
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
Quote from a previous MAGIGUY post:

"...For what it's worth (and I am a big Dan Harlan fan), I LOVE Bandshark, followed by Rubber Band Magic 1 - 3 (many full routines, so plan on some practice time). If you come across Harlan's early lecture notes or, even better, the 1988 sneak preview issue of the Minotaur, you'll be happily rewarded with Dan's Traveling Cash routine (which has more to do with rubber bands than cash)."

Ummm, so never mind. Good Search Engine here at the Café huh.!?!
Regards,

Barrett James
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Whoa... blast from the past. Smile
In case you're still looking for the lecture notes:

Try Here

or...

Here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » BandShark by Dan Harlan review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL