The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Looking for rope routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

xxxRoyxxx
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of xxxRoyxxx
Ok. a magician had taught me a trick where the spec. repeatedly cuts the rope unevenly (this is funny). throughout the routine the ends move and are completely taken off; a circle of rope is left. Also, there is a point where a knot was tied in the middle and it appeared that the knot jumped to different ends of the rope, while the magician held it in his hands... In the end, the magician p**med a knot and did a maneuver that gave the illusion that a knot tied on the rope popped right off(really the p**med knot) He told me it was a george sands routine.I need to find it. Is it this Sandsational routine????HELP!
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
If memory serves me George Sands published two rope routines. There any many different takes on his routine others have come out with.
I think both manuscripts are still available, but you may need to look around.
Check with the larger magic suppliers line Abbotts, Tannens, Hank Lee, or H&R magic books.
If rope is an area of interest the Encyclopedia of Rope magic is a must. Also Tarbell has a fair amount of information in the course.
Daryl also offers some good material on rope, and Aldo Colombini's Mamma Mia rope routine is really good.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Cartelli
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Cartelli
Not all the effects you discripe are in the SANDSATIONAL Routine. You may also look some books or DVDs about ropemagic (Daryl, Sander's Fibre Optic, Flip etc..)
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Even after all these years, people would be shocked how much of my rope routine started with ideas from Tarbell. Don't over look the obvious.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Bob

Can you point to which routines/effects in Tarbell you like. Currently I only have vol 1 & 2, but could be persuaded to get some others Smile

Thanks
John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
George Sands routines: Sandsational and Ropesational are still out there. His son Alan has George's book "Sandsational Rope 3-Effects" and also has it on DVD on his website http://www.alansands.com/store/sandsrope.html

Virtually every rope routine created since George published "Sandsational Rope" in 1949 has borrowed from his ideas. You can't go wrong by using his book and/or DVD as a starting point in your quest for a rope routine.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Tabary's Rope routine is really great!!! Check out FLIP's DVD too from L and L , it has some interestin rope sequence...

I have a special rope set which has 3 complete rope routines in my lectures. One of the routine is on my site , a japan tv broadcast.www.jeremypei.com . I sell the rope set in different colors during my lecture too, and the notes explain all 3 routines in detail. PM me for more info.

Regards,
Jeremy
Jeremy Pei
www.TheSocialMagician.com

For Magicians by Magicians
www.RedefineMagicOutlet.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Looking for rope routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL