The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Topit on the street (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Hello all, do any of you make use of the topit for street work? If so who's design do you favor, and what effects with it work well on the street.
I have never used a topit, but I am thinking about trying one.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
The topit originated on the street, coming from the old "poacher's pouch" used by London street thieves and pickpockets during the nineteenth century or earlier, so it is quite at home being used in street magic for a friendlier purpose. While many forms of magic are best acquired through reading, the topit is best evaluated by seeing it in action, so you might consider getting a DVD to answer the question of what effects it works well with on the street, then apply it to your current routines to see how it might work for you.

Eleazar Goodenough has a different form of Topit (he calls it s Tuckit) that is described in his Ultimate Torn and Restored Newspaper, and he also has an article in The Wizards' Journal #7 showing how he has rigged an ordinary T-shirt to great advantage in magic work, if that is your fashion style. Both can be found on my site if you are interested.

Don't worry about design and style of the Topit until you have worked with one for some years. Everyone has his own favorite style and guess what? It's the one each magician started out with and learned from, so you can almost never get a true comparison in that department. Just get one, or make one, and start working with it. You'll either fall in love with it, or let it drop by the wayside.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
I'd recommend the Ammar DVD. It was what I used to learn more about it. Once mastered, this utility device is quite simply the best concept to vanish or reappear small as well as larger objects. Get really good at it and you'll be able to perform miracles on the spot.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea it started as a "booster device" for shoplifters before they were called shoplifters.

I would recomend using a design of your own personally. Make it as small as possible for what you are going to use it for.

Carl Cloutier has lots of topit work. Also a lot on sleeving.

You know what you want it to do, just have a taylor make it look natural.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Topit on the street (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL