The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » New dice effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
Hey all.
I was thinking of a new (?) dice effect. (if it is not new please let me know...)
you bring out a deck of cards or something, and you use a dice repeatedly for the trick. the idea is that you need the dice to help you with the trick.
the dice has to be thrown over and over in the course of the trick, but here is the nice part, each new throw you switch the dice for a slightly larger pair.
the change between two consecutive pairs is not noticed but eventually as you progress in the routine the specs faces will have that "what the hell is going on here" look.
I would love to see a spec's face watching a routine like that.
now comes the tough part - finding a suitable effect that justifies bringing in and out the dice.
further thoughts: you can even make it a bit more deceptive by having one dice slightly larger than the other, and pointing to that fact. the thought about it will always stay in the spec's head and it seems to me it will take him/her more time to realize the dice are growing.
I think all in all you need around 5 or 6 pairs... not a big price to pay for a completely new effect...
regards,
Nir

P.S. again, I thought of this routine myself, but if it is not original please inform me Smile
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
How about using the dice in a game of Snakes And Ladders?
Bernard Sim
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Gimmick a dice cup and tell some story about long odds against the cards, or make one up.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Rajat Mittal
View Profile
New user
London
98 Posts

Profile of Rajat Mittal
Great Idea!

You don't really need one trick actually. This could be like a "running gag" as part of a routine. Use it instead of the magic salt, or the magic word, or to decide which trick you're going to do next...
DA
View Profile
New user
New jersey
48 Posts

Profile of DA
I like the idea of the running gag. Have them roll the dice to see mow many cards to deal or how many times a coin tranceposes.
Just a thought.
DA
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » New dice effect? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL