The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2006 entrée: Peter Eggink » » When something goes wrong » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Hi Peter... Have you ever had any moments during performances where a trick has gone wrong beyond repair and you just had to stop and start again or move on to something else? If so, how did you manage the situation? Or perhaps a trick went wrong without the audience being aware and you somehow recovered it.

Thanks in advance.
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
399 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Hi Neomagic,

It sure happens that sertain things are not going as planned, and It still happens today. I think as long as you make it a part of your act, no one will really notice that something went "Wrong". I never screwed up in my close-up performances that bad that it was beyond repair, as far as I can recall. Of course I make mistakes, but I did create a "safety net" for myself through the years, based on experience and knowledge, which allows me to create an "Out" in almost any situation.

However, I did screw up -I mean really- in my stage Illusion show that I used to do. To give you one example: One of the illusions in the show was Steinmeyer's "Hologram" illusion. In the middle of the performance, suddenly the front door fell open because I didn't locked it properly...the whole thing was exposed. Very painful indeed. In this situation there was not much that I could do, exept for continuing the show and smile Smile

Best,

Peter
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

CA$H CARD -a brand new credit card to bill...and vice versa!
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Thank you. Reminds me of a show I did whilst at school many years back. The finale went completing wrong! (I think it was a prediction-type effect.) All I could do was nod at the teacher and thankfully she got the message and started clapping and everyone just joined in! Smile
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2006 entrée: Peter Eggink » » When something goes wrong » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL