The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » On This Day... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
On this day in 1907, Clarence Melvin Burkhart was born. Next year, on the 100th anniversary of his birth, we will do a big party in Coney Island. All are invited, and we will have everyone that does the Blockhead act get up and all do itat the same time. It will be one mass Blockhead.
Eric Starkey
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
180 Posts

Profile of Eric Starkey
Todd,
Thanks for the great information!

I will see you in 365 and counting...

Eric
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
I don't know of a single person who ever met or worked with Mel who wasn't influenced by his act, his patience, or his demeanor. I miss him...
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Sideshow Bennie's birthday is today as well.

HAPPY B-DAY MELVIN!
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Sounds like fun! I'll do my best to keep the date open Smile

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
A mass blockhead? What an original idea! I wonder why nobody else ever thought of that! Oh wait.... I did.. at the last SSG. Seems everyone thought it was a bad idea.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Hey Nipps-

I dunno if I was there when you brought it up, (I was only there Friday), but I thought the "issue" was with doing it as a Guiness Book record attempt for some reason.

I may be wrong about that; I'm not even sure that wasn't something I heard second hand.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On 2006-02-22 10:36, thegreatnippulini wrote:
A mass blockhead? What an original idea! I wonder why nobody else ever thought of that! Oh wait.... I did.. at the last SSG. Seems everyone thought it was a bad idea.

They were wrong. And I don't really care about the whole Guiness record thing. I like that folks in our area of show business have gotten some press by obtaining records. That's what the thing is for. But I'm not a big fan of jumping through their hoops to get acnowledgement. Now drinking Guiness...that's something I DO care about.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Down the hatch, without a scratch!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
Brilliant!
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
When I brought it up at the Gathering, the Guinness Record part wasn't fully essential to the stunt. The reason it was shot down, and I quote "it (the mass blockhead) will make it look like doing blockhead is too easy", to which I replied "and a mass sword swallow doesn't?". Meanwhile, both ARE easy if you know what you're doing. It seems whenever I come up with an idea, regardless of what it is and who it's explained to, there is an automatic knee-jerk reaction to just shoot it down. This is a problem that I have been coping with for a while.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
If Krista and I can make it, we'd be honored! Did you get the nail I sent? (with the torches) It's one of my old ones...
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On 2006-02-22 20:07, sanscan wrote:
If Krista and I can make it, we'd be honored! Did you get the nail I sent? (with the torches) It's one of my old ones...
Slim

I'm sorry to be remiss in not commenting about the nail. I got it and will cherish it always. Thank you for it. It's the same size I use.

Todd
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
"I'm sorry to be remiss..." Er, does this mean you're in remission? <G>
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On 2006-02-23 00:40, sanscan wrote:
"I'm sorry to be remiss..." Er, does this mean you're in remission? <G>
Slim

If I had a mission, I might be.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Quote:
On 2006-02-17 08:38, Todd Robbins wrote:
On this day in 1907, Clarence Melvin Burkhart was born. Next year, on the 100th anniversary of his birth, we will do a big party in Coney Island. All are invited, and we will have everyone that does the Blockhead act get up and all do itat the same time. It will be one mass Blockhead.

I will be there in spirit!

Is there a history of the human blockhead BEFORE melvin burkhart?

He certainly made it popular and created it as a sideshow but did he actually invent it?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Insertion of objects into bodily orifices is older than history.

Melvin made it into a modern-day act, and became history.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Like Mr. Johnson, I'll most likely be there in spirit as well Smile I'll have to take a picture, stick it on a birthday card, and send it in.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » On This Day... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL