The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Vanishing Stereo Question? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I know it has been written up before,

But I have some specific questions. I am interested in the Vienna magic vanishing stereo. This 80's style boom-box fits my act perfectly. My questions are this...

I want to enter the stage with the stereo in hand, is this possible with this stereo? As well I was wondering if it would be possible to build this stereo vanish into a table of my own, I want to the the Vienna stereo but not the table, is this possible? And I want to wrap my scarf around the stereo for the vanish as well, it is plenty big enough so that is not what is in question, I am asking if I can build the gimmick into my own scarf and use that for the vanish? Is there another 80's style stereo vanish available besides this one? And overall do you recommend this one if there are no others available?

Thanks in advance for all your help,

DJ
Impossible
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
44 Posts

Profile of Impossible
Hmmmm.... If this is the one I think it is, you cannot carry it onstage.

You probably could build a table "shell" or facade to fit around the table it "purposely" comes with, if you get my drift...

As far as "wrapping" the boom-box, I think you pretty much have to cover it from the top.... but any opaque cloth most likely could be adapted to work...

Hope this helps...
Matt
"If I've told you once, I've told you a million times... Don't exaggerate!" And as Bill Hallahan requested, I can't put a website address in ANY post, so I'll add it here:
www.MagicAndIllusion.com
Thanks
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
This model you can not carry in your hands.
To build it it is difficult, I lloked many time to find the correct model but still did not find it. You should look for a old model of stero.
Eran
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
WolfgangWollet
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of WolfgangWollet
Actually Viennamagic built the (Boombox type) stereo in a version that could be picked up. Memory at this point does not serve me to say with absoulte certainty if you could carry that special version in, place it on the table and vanish it or if you made it appear and then you could pick it up and carry it away.
I know that Viennamagic made both appearing and vanishing boomboxes that were table "bound" but I also know he made either one as a pick-up model.
We are curently exhibiting at the dealers fair at the World Magic Seminar, but if the info is still needed when we are done I am more than willing to look the name up for you in my catalogue archive.
Hope that helps
All the best
Wolfgang
amazingcarrington
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of amazingcarrington
The Vienna model I have...which has the 80's look you're describing cannot be carried on.
You could build your own table, however, you might find it easier to modify the table that comes with it. As far as covering with your own cloth...yes. As a matter of thought, I worked mine out so that I picked the covered stereo from the sides. This gave a more realistic look as opposed to picking it up from the top.
If you really think about it, how would you pick up a boom box which has no handle. Wouldn't you grasp it from the sides? That was the look I was after.
I had to significantly modify the cloth cover but it worked.
Ultimately, I grew to hate that boombox. I had "MagicMakers" in Canada build a custom model for me.
It looked better the the action was much smoother.
Good luck.
PM me if you have specific questions that can't be answered in the open forum.
Carrington
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Vanishing Stereo Question? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL