The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant » » Angelo Carbone's 'SHIRT HAPPENS' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Feb.17/06

What The Audience Sees:

'This week Jamie came in and was complaining that it was cold outside and that he was only wearing a white t-shirt beneath his jacket. He then stepped out of sight for a split second and when he came back in he was wearing a black turtleneck beneath his jacket!'

How It Went:

I have yet to have a Magic Friday that was so divided. I really like this trick and was hoping for better results but after about forty times it was split pretty evenly. About half of the people reacted as if I had just made toast and the other half acted like they just won a car on the Oprah Winfrey Giveaway Show...

I found that the people that had seen a lot of Magic Fridays before were unimpressed but that people who were seeing me for the first time, or had only seen me a few times before, were flabbergasted. I also found that women liked it better than men (I have no explanation for this.) What can I tell you- it seemed like people either loved it or hated it- there wasn't much middle ground. My thinking is that perhaps the people who weren't impressed have an idea of how it's done whereas the shocked people have no clue. Or maybe they just like Shirt Tricks.

Angry Bob Rating:

I have a co-worker (Bob) whose uncle was a magician and thereby has a good working knowledge of how magic works. He's pretty grumpy but likes Magic Friday's because he can tell me how he figured out how the effect is done... A high rating means he'll never figure it out.

0/5 Bob's response: 'Huh.'

My Rating:

7/10. While this might seem low I don't want to discourage anyone from getting this trick. It doesn't work too well for me because, for the most part, I look for things that fool everyone and that can work in a Corporate Walkaround Environment. That said, I'll do this for people in the future. We, as magicians, should all have a pretty good idea of which people like certain tricks. My wife, for example, isn't crazy for elastic band tricks but likes cards. That said, I already have a few people in mind that I'll show this trick to who I know will love it. For those people this is a 10/10.

The JDG Tip:

I think, ideally, this trick is best presented at the end of an evening. Say you go out for dinner with friends and at the end you magically change shirts- that would help immensely.

Closing Thoughts:

For $6.95 you shouldn't even hesitate to click your ORDER NOW button. It will give you ideas and thoughts and is worth every penny, IMO. For a few people today I performed a miracle- that's worth more than seven bucks to me.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!

Jamie D. Grant
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant » » Angelo Carbone's 'SHIRT HAPPENS' (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL