The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Review Request: Daniel Garcia's notes on Lybrary (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Greetings.

Looking to see if one can give a review for Garcia's notes. I am particularly interested in Blue Prints and Next.

Thanks!

RevJohn
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
I will post my reviews soonly s I am still haven't finished the entire ebooks.

But I would like to say that both of the ebooks are excellent! Smile

Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Jimmy Y
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Y
RevJohn,
You might find this link useful, http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;start=0

I bought both Next and Blueprints (ebooks)from Magic-notes.com, since the pdf files are generated with your email on it, I find that the files are always missing a picture or two, hopefully that's not the case with Lybrary.

I don't have a review, but I'd say get it! Both! Now! It's worth it imho.
Nice to meet you Smile
Jimmy
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
984 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Hi,

If your files ever miss a picture, mail me and I'll fix it!

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Thanks guys for the thumbs up. I will look into them!

John
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1177 Posts

Profile of Chris
Lybrary.com purchased the exclusive electronic rights to "Blueprints", "Next" and "Greed" from Daniel Garcia. The only authorized place to purchase these ebooks is Lybrary.com. All other places are not anymore authorized to sell these ebooks.
Next: http://www.lybrary.com/next-p-300.html
Blueprints: http://www.lybrary.com/blueprints-p-299.html
Greed: http://www.lybrary.com/greed-p-298.html

Best,
Chris....
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
Algebra2
View Profile
Regular user
CA
156 Posts

Profile of Algebra2
I bought mine from magicnotes.com I believe..before they went to Lybrary..NEXT and GREED..the quality was ok the routines are very clever especially Greed..NEXT notes has a lot of stuff that was not on the Daniel Garcia DVD's that 's why I got it. Greed will have a DVD..Pictures are good however you might want to check out his DVD's fro BLUEPRINTS as evreything except one trick MATH is not on it..MATH however is supposed to be a stunner..you can't go wrong here I guess is what I'm saying...PM me if you have questions
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Math is a stunner. My favorite trick from Blueprints. Blueprints and Next are very good. Bought them last year. Can't wait to pick up Greed.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1177 Posts

Profile of Chris
Daniel's work is outstanding. The quote that sums it up is by Chris Kenner: "Danny Garcia's magic is the FFFF.....it Fools you, Fries you , Freaks you out, and F**ks you up."

Several of Daniel's routines are not easy. Greed is one of his inventions which is really easy to do, because the gimmick does everything for you. And he describes very clearly with photos how to make a gimmick yourself. In my opinion, this is the most commercial item he has. That is not to say that his other stuff isn't excellent. But if you want to start learning about Daniel, I suggest to start with Greed.
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
I received my copy of Greed from Daniel Garcia some time ago. It looks like a great piece. Does anyone know if a performance video is available?

Bosco
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1177 Posts

Profile of Chris
Bosco, yes, I think Daniel has a Greed performance video. I am still waiting to receive it. If Daniel agrees I would then also make it available on my website.

Chris....
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Great Chris!

I've been holding back from "creating" the effect until I was able to see it on video.

Hope to see it up on Lybrary.com soon Smile.

Bosco
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
I think my only complaint about his lecture notes is that I wish someone would proof read them. Other than that I loved it.
Algebra2
View Profile
Regular user
CA
156 Posts

Profile of Algebra2
Marco Tempest, the English magician perform GREED on the Virtual Magician his show...I will try and post this clip on youtube...
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1177 Posts

Profile of Chris
Quote:
On 2006-03-06 02:59, tian_ci wrote:
I think my only complaint about his lecture notes is that I wish someone would proof read them. Other than that I loved it.

Did you buy it from Lybrary.com? Or did you buy it somewhere else before we bought the rights? We did proof read them and corrected quite a number of typos. Yet another benefit purchasing at Lybrary.com. We did not remove some of Daniel's expressions and unique style of writing, because we think it adds to the character of the manuscript.
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1177 Posts

Profile of Chris
Anybody who purchased Greed, Next or Blueprints at Lybrary.com can now view these three ebooks online when logged into their account and exchange comments with other readers.
All you have to do is go to your Digital Shelf http://www.lybrary.com/account_digital_shelf.php
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Based on the comments in this string I purchased "Greed" and "Next" just the other day. I also found a copy of Mike Wild's "Tavern Magic 1," which I had to have, based on the quality of the material in "Tavern Magic 2."

Let me start by saying that Chris Wasshuber runs a terrific business, offers an exceptional level of customer service, and genuinely seems to work hard at continually upgrading the offerings and services available on his site to his customers. Here's a guy that obviously cares.

That said, on to the "books"...

Both of the Garcia offerings are well worth the investment. I would, of course, like to see a real writer get his hands on Daniel's material (the numerous "hehehe"'s in "Next" get a bit tedious, and his explanations would certainly benefit from a pro writer. He makes up for this with a great number of well thought out photos that lead the reader more easily through the material. Some of the ideas are very clever (I especially like "Cliptrip" and "Stretch." "No Smoking" is also a neat take on "The Traveling Match." The three other items in the ebook are interesting, but not necessarily my style. Even without them I feel that I got my money's worth.

Greed confused me a bit in two points, but his video demo clears that up. Also, he claims that the gimmick will only cost $7.00 to produce, but I cannot imagine a bank replacing the defaced currency (except, perhaps, for the $20 bill), so I'd cost it out at about $17.00. Still, I think it's worth it (and actually made two of them).

Would I buy them again, knowing what I know now? Absolutely. In fact, I just may have to go back and pick up a copy of Blueprints, as well.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Where is the video demo of GREED?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Review Request: Daniel Garcia's notes on Lybrary (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL