The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What Is Your Opinion of Patrick Page? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
David Fletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of David Fletcher
Two thumb tips way up!!
You have to give it away to keep it.
cardpunk1206
View Profile
New user
oregon
51 Posts

Profile of cardpunk1206
I met Pat last monday and got to talk to him in person for about half an hour. Not only is he a great magician but he is also a very funny man. I think if he wasn't a magician he would be a comedian.
We Need To Be Astonished. -Paul Harris
lylaster
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
197 Posts

Profile of lylaster
Only time I've heard his name is that his method was the inspiration for the Hundy 500, one of my favorite effects. Thumbs up to him!
MField2000
View Profile
Special user
Hastings, East Sussex, England
590 Posts

Profile of MField2000
I think Pat Page knows more about magic than anyone alive.

Matt Field
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Pat Page is a magic god (little "g").

Tony
clamon86
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of clamon86
I've had the pleasure of meeting him many times, and he knows more about magic than anyone I have ever met.

Christof- I completely disagree with you. Pat Page does some excellent topit work. I wouldn't judge just by seeing a video. Also Pat Page's topit is much more practical than Ammar's. If you ever see Page do topit work in person he will fool you, even at his age now.

Also, Pat Page is practically twice Michael Ammar's age and he is still able to have the knowledge and abilities that he has.

And most importantly, Pat Page has done a lot more laymen shows in his life than Michael Ammar. Michael Ammar has put out like 30 excellent dvds for magicians, and Pat Page has put out 8 or 10 much in recent years. The difference is that Michael Ammar did research to find the classics and put them on dvd. Pat Page performed material from his experience. Page has more direct, effect, to the point magic.

Michael Ammar is great, but I wonder what Pat Page's magic looked like when he was Ammar's age.

just my two centavos
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
I just saw Patrick Page at his lecture and must say he is a wonderful personality and performer. His topit work, like everything else he does is very basic and to the point. He uses simplicity and economy of movement as well as anyone I have ever seen. His comedic timing and misdirection are a study in themselves. Was an honor to see him perform and teach live.
Stephen Williams
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Stephen Williams
I saw his lecture on Thursday and loved it. After the lecture he spent a lot of time talking and showing me tricks, he is an amazing magician and person. I have a few of his tricks, such as the topit.
Ste
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
Pat Page is not only a great entertainer. He is also a sensational driver of automobiles. I know this from personal experience because he once drove me and the late Jay Marshall from Heathrow to Gatwick to make a connecting flight. As I recall, quite a bit of the route was on the sidewalks.

Sid Mayer
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
B.K.Pal
View Profile
New user
India
74 Posts

Profile of B.K.Pal
Most probably in 1976 I got a copy of Pat Paqe's BIG BOOK OF MAGIC. This was the first standard literature I came across. Since then I am his fan. He is a great teacher.
Sincerely Yours,....PAL
iluzjadk
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of iluzjadk
On 13-14.10.2006 Patrick Page was in Poland on XXVIII polish magic convention. I saw his lecture notes and I was amaze. And don't know how old is he but he's great. Everyone can talk with him. He showed us some tricks even in the bar. Also there were lecture notes with Jay Scott Berry, his alco great magician with elegance style. So I like their magic very much Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What Is Your Opinion of Patrick Page? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL