The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Puff of smoke from hands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
TX fornow- MemberMagicCastle'65-'88
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
What can be used to create a tiny puff of smoke from the hand on a closeup table, like at the climax to a matrix effect?
Please send PM.
Dick Lucas
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas
JosephKerr
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
421 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
Ultra Smoke 2000. Reliable, completely under your control, and utterly beautiful
"Challenge Your Reality"
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
I would read the reviews + risks of Ultra Smoke 2000...
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
STANGMMX
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of STANGMMX
Yeah, I agree... Ultrasmoke may look pretty, but um... serious risks apparently.
SMU Class of 2010
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Ultra smoke 2000 wrecked my jacket. It rusted the pins that attach what needs to be attached, and literally ate the material on my coat like acid would. Avoid it.

DJ
daz222
View Profile
Elite user
Wales
439 Posts

Profile of daz222
Did you leave it hooked up to your coat?

Daz
JosephKerr
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
421 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
The instructions very clearly state that it will corrode the safety pins after time and that they are to be replaced periodically. It also cautions against leaving it in your jacket for a prolonged period of time. It explains how to store it when not in use. If you follow the instructions you shoudn't have any problems.
"Challenge Your Reality"
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
I agree, its awesome. You just have to be cautious about how you handle it.

The reactions it gets you are worth any hassle you'll have with it...

Steven
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
There is nothing in the Ultra Smoke 2000's advertising or documentation that state exactly what the chemical is that produces the smoke – only that it is acidic. I think the makers and sellers of this product should state exactly what it is we are purchasing and handling. It does warn about a harmful vapor in the instructions but not in the advertising – you find this out after you purchase the product.

I purchased this effect and practiced for 2 or 3 weeks with my jacket, but in shirt sleeves. I did notice a slight irritation on my wrist the first time I used it.

The night I debuted this trick was for a 2 hour table hopping gig. At the end of the evening, I noticed some white residue on the jacket sleeve and some heavy corrosion on the safety pins that attach the gimmick. I was expecting this – it said so in the instructions. What I did not expect was a nickel sized yellow stain on the sleeve of a $60.00 tuxedo shirt. I cannot afford to ruin an expensive shirt every time I want to use this effect. Granted, the reactions of the audience are astounding, but it is not worth the cost and danger of using this.

I am a little angry at the product's misrepresentation in the advertising and down-playing that a corrosive acid is used to produce the smoke.
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Buy cheaper shirts. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Puff of smoke from hands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL