The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Looking for a trick called "pencil mental" or "mental pencil" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Allan
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Allan
I am looking for a trick with the above name or something like that. It had two small pencils. The spectator would think of one & wrap it in tissue or put in a small match box. the Magician would be able to learn which one they had thought of.

The gimmick was a small piece of metal or ball inside one of the pencils. You could feel it move back & forth when you shook or moved the pencil. I believe it was made in Europe.

Any help locating this would be appreciated.
Allan
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Allan
Has anyone heard of this effect. I would really like to find it!

Thanks
zauber
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of zauber
I purchased Pencil Mental from Tannens in 1984. I still have it. Two pencil tips (about 1.5 inches)with no eraser, one red pencil, one blue pencil. Magi's back is turned. Spectator is asked to select one pencil, wrap in tissue paper and place all in a small match box. The tissue paper is to 'keep the pencil from rattling within the box'. Spectator hands Magi the match box. You instantly devine the correct colored pencil. Hope this helps.
"I'm still learning."
-----Michelangelo
Allan
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Allan
Zauber,

Thanks for the info, at least I have the correct name. I am not looking for this item for myself. It is for a friend that had one & it was broken by a spectator.

I have tried every way of finding it. If someone knows where it is available, I would really appreciate the info.

Thanks again,

Allan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Looking for a trick called "pencil mental" or "mental pencil" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL