The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Non-magical ebook production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
Hi,

I'm working on an ebook that I wish to sell. It's not related to magic at all but I figured that at least some of the people here must have made ebooks before. So I'm after some advice.

The text of hte book is OK, and I'll make sure it properly proof read before production, but I'm curious to know what format others use. I was going to use PDF, but are there any alternatives. Also are there any good sources of copyright text that I could use to help protect me (I know that it will get ripped off, I Just want to do whatever I can to protect me)

The book will be around 5-10 pages with some images.

Any thoughts?
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I think PDF is the standard for Ebooks. I just released one my self about Being on the independent wrestling circuit. A lot of people say that once its in print it is copyright. But I don't know how accurate that is.
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
Thanks Corey.

One idea I was playing around with was to add a unique identifyer to the ebook, such as the buyers email address. I figured I could use Ghost script to do this.

Anyone got any thoughts/ideas/experiance with this?
acmp<><

Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Do yourself and your readers a favor. Go to lybrary.com's free eBook page, and download "Self-Publishing" by Tom Stone.

Here's the description from the website:

Self-Publishing by Tom Stone
If you want to learn more about how to write your own ebook, then download the shareware ebook Self-Publishing (~4 MByte) by Tom Stone. This is specifically written for magicians but many of the desktop publishing techniques taught are valuable for any other genre you want to write for. Tom Stone is a top performer and very creative. His advice is excellent. You can download his ebook for free. And if you like it send Tom $5. Instructions on how to do that are in the ebook.
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
Thanks Scott,

I'm off for the DL now!
acmp<><

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Non-magical ebook production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL