The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Stage Card Manipulation? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andy Kennedy
View Profile
New user
Southern California
22 Posts

Profile of Andy Kennedy
I do close up magic, but I am fascinated and highly interested in learning more stage card manipulation. I have one of the McBride videos, and plan on purchasing the other two in the near future. I was wondering if there were anymore VIDEO materials out there that cover this topic? Smile

Invent. Improve.. Improvise..

-Andy
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
If you get the other 2 McBride videos, you will have enough material to practice for a very long time.

I have the tapes & dabble in card manipulation, it is something that takes alot of dedication.

Smile
tony parx
View Profile
New user
u.k North east
3 Posts

Profile of tony parx
Hello there, love card manips, do loads of it since I was 5, best way to learn it, books, vids aren't the best method, although each to their own, the very best book on the subject is Pat Pages big book of magic, also routined manipulations by Lewis Ganson.
all the best, and don't give in as it's a dying art, try some of the more unusual methods, not many people do now.
see ya! Smile
Andy Kennedy
View Profile
New user
Southern California
22 Posts

Profile of Andy Kennedy
Thank you so much, I'm also planning to get some billard balls and starting to study ball manip as well. Stage Manipulation in general fascinates me and I hope to study it futher.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Or look up the Lewis Ganson books on the subject. They were also out on film, 16mm or 8mm or super-8mm, I forget so someone must have transferred them by now.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2002, Andy Kennedy wrote:
I do close up magic, but I am fascinated and highly interested in learning more stage card manipulation. I have one of the McBride videos, and plan on purchasing the other two in the near future. I was wondering if there were anymore VIDEO materials out there that cover this topic? Smile

Invent. Improve.. Improvise..

-Andy

Being you live in Southern California, I suggest you look at the Chavez School of Magic. They teach manipulation magic with cards, billiard balls, thimbles, The dean is Dale Salwak.

You can contact him though Face Book here: https://www.facebook.com/Chavez-Studio-of-Magic Dale Salwak. You can get personal instruction from him. I don't know if he still has the mail order course any longer.

I am a graduate of the school, and you will learn a complete manipulation act by the time you are done. Then you can add or replace things as you grow in this form of magic.
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
To the original poster Andy Kennedy ...
I have some suggestions. Give me some time to collect my thoughts and I (or perhaps gregg webb) will get back to you in 2040.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Hey that's me. Most of my ebooks and many Supersessions that are at Lybrary.com touch on manipulation. One in particular that comes to mind is Hard Copy. Note these are not DVD's but old fashioned words and drawings. I keep chiseling away at manipulation trying to make it better and usually also easier...just getting rid of things too hard to bother with and keeping the fun stuff and re-routining like crazy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Stage Card Manipulation? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL