The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » It's not enough to be able to do it... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
I've never seen a Derringer, but plenty of people carry firearms and more carry blades. And for those of you who say, "Well it's pretty stupid to bring a knife to a gunfight," remember the Tueller Drill.

The Tueller Drill is used in law enforcement training. A law enforcement officer an a perpetrator each start twenty feet away from each other, weapons holstered. The law enforcement officer has a sidearm (handgun), the perp has a knife.

In over 99% of the tests done, nationwide, the perp wins, hands down.

So bringing a knife to a gunfight can be a pretty good idea. As Robert Heinlein noted in "Glory Road" - If you charge a man with a gun, he might miss or the gun might jam. If you charge a man with a blade, you will get spitted."

'Nuff Said.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
(Who is smart enough not to gamble except for the occasional lottery ticket and only because, in Illinois, the money goes into the educational budget for the state anyway)
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
They say never judge a book by it’s cover. Your a bit scary Lee! Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
You have NO idea how scary I can be if I have to be...

Fortunately, these days, that is a very, very rare occurrance.

Muahahahahaha!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » It's not enough to be able to do it... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL