The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » PB&J routine.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
This is what I'm thinking...

Start the routine as usual, then turn it into a, "hey kids, guess where the PB is?" Make it a sort of shell game with only two shells. Maybe have a magic word, gesture etc. that can be done several times in a sort of musical chairs fashion. Then get (at a birthday party) the star of the show and a parent up to play the game. The child always gets it right, the adult gets it wrong. Could be good for a few laughs.

This may have been done before, but I can't search at the moment to find out.
Any thoughts?

Thanks
Jim
pdmedic
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of pdmedic
Sounds decent, and a way to get the birthday child involved.
ambassador365
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of ambassador365
I recently purchased the effect and came up with the idea of using a jelly jar and a can of spinach.

I haven't worked out the details of the patter, but my kids got a kick out of it when I tried it on them.

Basically I tell them this story of a great trick that I saw at the magic store. I proceed to describe the PB&J effect as described in the instructions but I add that at the end of the trick the sandwich floats out of the paper bag, across the room and into the hands of a surprised little girl. I tell them how amazing it was and how I immediately bought it.

Now I tell them that when I got home I was disappointed to find that I didn't get the correct props.
I lift one cover to show the Peanut butter and then lift the other lid to show the can of spinach. My kids said, "Yuck!!". "How about a peanut butter and spinach sandwich?!"

Anyway, I ended it by having my little boy use my "broken" wand to turn the spinach into Jelly!! Much better!!!

Then we went ahead and made a real peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Since there are no allergies to peanuts in my house to worry about, making a sandwich was great, but I'd probably leave that part out in a "real" performance.

Try it and tell me if you like it.

God bless,

Rudy Tinoco
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
Silly Billy has a PB&J routine posted on his web site that is great. It's worth a look.
Rob Pond
View Profile
Regular user
Scott, OH
156 Posts

Profile of Rob Pond
Ambassador365 I like the gag with the can of spinach. Sounds like a very good routine. I hope to see the finished project. I think that as long if you ask the parents if their kid is allergic to peanuts before the show, you should make the sandwich using magic. I think it makes a nice closer for that routine.
Rob Pond
ambassador365
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of ambassador365
Thanks Rob Smile
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Try Jolly Roger's Ridiculous Ravioli. It has an unbelievable finish! http://www.comicmagician.com/products_page.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » PB&J routine.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL