The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » LeClair's skin colored putty (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
So I bought John's "Who's afraid of invisible thread" DVD, it comes with a set of thread and skin colored putty..
unfortunately I lost the putty, I went to his 'website' but it is no longer up and running.

ANyone knows where I can get those skin colored putty?

thank you
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Michael Ammar's putty is pretty close. I've chosen as my anchor just behind the top of the e**. completely invisible.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Nash, you may be able to get a "dab" from your local mortician. The putty I got from a local guy many years ago is called "dermawax" and he was so kind as to give me a small container of it that I have used over the years. Not sure if they still call it that but my container has that name on it. I just wonder if it's the same stuff only marketed differently to magicians. I recall him telling me back then also that SpecialFX folks and actors sometimes would use it.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Get some "silly putty", it works good too. It's usually close to the flesh color.
elbruno
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of elbruno
This topic was covered about a year or so ago. To find the thread, type "flesh colored putty" and search.
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
Suggest you try some makeup from the local store. Find something close to your skin tones and color the silly putty to meet your needs.
Artinct
View Profile
New user
CT USA
17 Posts

Profile of Artinct
I haven't seen Jon Leclairs video but I've been using IT for quite a while and rely on Dental Wax purchased at my local pharmacy. For about $1 you get a goodly supply, it is clear in color and has a good consistancy and stickability. Art in CT
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Dye some poster tac
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Jon sells his formula putty on his website.

http://www.leclairanimator.com/products/index.cfm

I add a little plaster to dry it out. his formula is a little too sticky for me.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I had to search for it but I found it. The discussion actually contains the very first post I ever made here on the Café (2003). Smile

In that discussion I share how I make the putty. I hope it helps.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I tried ordering from Johns, site but he doesn't take paypal or credit cards. So I guess ill have to wait. I also thought his was too sticky and tended to break under my anchor point. Those in the know, Know.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » LeClair's skin colored putty (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL