The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Help with Han Ping Chien (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

awacs
View Profile
New user
SF Bay Area
14 Posts

Profile of awacs
Hi,

I'm using Slydini's working of the Han Ping Chien move, and I'm having some issues with the left hand. During the setup phase, where you close your fist around the coins, I can't get them to the edge of my hand. I can get close. But the coins are usually somewhat inboard - and I find this makes the "move" less smooth and more obvious.

I have the video with Cellini's own handling, so I've tried that. I've tried rolling the coins with various parts of my thumb, but that telegraphs pretty badly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Aram
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
PM me with your e mail address and I will send you my handling of the hang ping chen.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
seidedennis
View Profile
New user
Denmark
97 Posts

Profile of seidedennis
Can't you work the coin into a heel-clip a la David Stone's handling?
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
If using Slydini material, heel clip wont really work as the HPC is used to place coins on table rather than "tossing" or "dropping" the coins.... I don't think heel clip will work for the Slydini routine...

One tip is to have the coins start out lower to begin with, another is to use Slydini's rest motion to do it during an offbeat...

That or just practice, I can't think of any reason why working the coins into position would be hard for you other than lack of practice... take it slow and figure out where you have to contact the coins and whatnot for them to get into position, then get that in muscle memory and work up the speed.
Almost-A-Magician
View Profile
Regular user
New England
158 Posts

Profile of Almost-A-Magician
What books would you recommend for resources on HPC?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I use Sheigo Tekgais method, he does not use the heal clip.....
and it is vey clean..
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Richard Kaufman's Coinmagic has a Geoffrey Latta section and his version is in there.
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
Once the coins are in the left hand, get ready by holding the coins in a loose fist, thumb up, then when you show the coins in the right hand, lightly hit the left hand against the table top which will cause the coins to go into the proper position. From there, it's only a matter of keeping the left hand in a loose fist and moving it to the left when you "dump" the coins from the right.

Hope this helps.

Practise well and you'll have a fantastic move that fools everyone.
gene plampin
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of gene plampin
I have been working woth Slydini's HPC also. At first I had a little trouble, and I do not like the rolling with the fingers either. I basically let gravity do the work for me. After I show, say 2 coins from my left hand on the table, I pick them up and hold and as I close my hand, let them slide down my palm to the table, to be held in place with my pinkie. I keep my hand close to the table during all of this, so getting the coins ready sounds the same as putting them into my hand in the first place. I've been taking lessons from a strict former student of Slydini's, and he hasn't said anything bad about it so far.

Gene
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Relax and let gravity do the work. The key is relaxation and don't look at your hands. Study Slydini's text and MOMENTS they work.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
gene plampin
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of gene plampin
One other point, for what it's worth, is to slow down your HPC. Try doing it as slow as you can if front of a mirror. You'll be amazed how slowly you can do it and it still looks good. This slowness will help make your HPC look more casual and less like a move.

Gene
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Well said Gene.

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Geoff Latta goes into exqusite detail on his version of Han Ping Chien and applications, including its use in getting a coin into a spectator's hand, on our new COINS ACROSS DVD. It is available at our web site, http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net .
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Help with Han Ping Chien (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL