The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove cages - build your own or cheap substitutes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Gordon,
I live in central NJ. Can the birds stay outside thru the winter here? I think they might freeze there tail feathers off in the winter and boil over in the summer.

B
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Bruce, this question has been asked several times before. In general, there is no reason why the birds can't stay outside as long as you have a way to protect the cage from drafts. In cases where the temperatures are extremely figid which we know happens in NJ, I'd bring them inside, at least into a garage but for the most part, they will be fine. The biggest problem is freezing water, not freezing birds.
Where the magic begins
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Yup, Dave's right. The birds are hardy enough to stay outside provided that they have water and are protected from winds, etc. My dove cote has heat, provided by a light bulb, and sealed walls which means they can stay outdoors quite easily. That said, if you're feeling like it's just too cold, bring them in for a night or two. You still get to benefit from having them outdoors the other 363 days. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove cages - build your own or cheap substitutes? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL