The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Additional Moves with the Dancing Hank (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I have had the Ultimate Dancing Hank for about 5 years now. Since then, I have made several additional moves and improvements with it.

One is that I have connected the gimmick to the foulard so it is easier to pick up.
Another move is when I do the bottle move, I have the gimmick behind my back and this looks cleaner.

I also eliminated the m****t on the hank. The m****t is the cause of thread breakage in most cases.

What other moves or improvements have you made? Can you share?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
I have found a display on the behind the back to further strengthen that you are not holding the gimmick.

Get in the behind the back display and instead of leaving the foulard in front or just to the right of your side is to take the silk in your left hand and move it across your body until the you show all of the back of the foulard. The gimmick is totally hid by your backside and the gimmick will not flash as it gets rolled behind your back thus exposing 99% of the backside of the foulard. Then do the normal throw to the ground.

I have tried it without the m***** and I just can not seem to get it to look as good as with it. The gimmick pops into view more often. Sean has said not to use it also, I guess I need to practice more, as he says he is telling everyone now not to use it.

James Adamson
http://www.seam2006.com
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Quote:
On 2006-03-19 11:04, James Adamson wrote:
. . . I have tried it without the m***** and I just can not seem to get it to look as good as with it. The gimmick pops into view more often. Sean has said not to use it also, I guess I need to practice more, as he says he is telling everyone now not to use it.

James, the thread must be sewn under the knot of the hank. Check your hank. I occasionally press the switch when needed.

Without the m*****, moves such as the shoulder move, behind the silk throw and the stepping on the silk move are much easier to do without breaking the thread.

I also replaced my thread with thin black nylon thread called "invisible thread". It is made in Germany. It is much thinner than human hair. In this way, I can do the hank in bottle in most venues. This thread is commonly used in electronic magician's reels where a silk is attached.

I also use rechargeable batteries which are 1.2V each. Two of them give 2.4V instead of using alkaline batteries which give 3V. The motor goes slower and my thread has never been cut up with this speed.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Lou,

Controlling the motor speed with voltage is very good advice.

Thank you!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Quote:
On 2006-03-19 21:05, Lou Hilario wrote:
[I also replaced my thread with thin black nylon thread called "invisible thread". up with this speed.

Lou,
Does the thread have a brand name?

Thanks,
Kregg
POOF!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I believe more thread can be gotten from the manufacturer. Just email him.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Additional Moves with the Dancing Hank (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL