The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Best tricks for touching (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Touchstone
View Profile
New user
Belgium
37 Posts

Profile of Touchstone
What do you find the best tricks where you can touch people?
=> Sponge balls
=> Crazy man's handcuffs
=> "Vanishing" stuff
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
The volunteer's watch can be stolen even before the "trick" is performed.

Leading the volunteer up onto the stage is a great guise for stealing their watch. To steal from their pockets, ask the volunteer to take thier coat off, either before they go up on stage or once they are already on stage. Of course, you "graciously" offer to assist them in the removal of their coat, during which time the "dirty work" is done.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
danchanmagic
View Profile
New user
San Francisco, CA
22 Posts

Profile of danchanmagic
Here are my top 4 effects for moving in...
Paper balls over the head
Sponge Balls
Coin on Shoulder
and Hook Coin
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
You can touch people in any effect - it depends on your personality and your presentation. I do it all the time, and have never had any problems...

I did, however, make a mistake once (I have described this before): my very first watch steal in performance was at an internationally known street performer's festival, where I hauled a fellow out of the audience and stole his watch as I led him to the stage. No one caught it, and when the effect was over, I led a round of applause for him, as he sat back down.

But because I had never thought it would work (nervousness on my part) I had not scripted the return of the watch, and he approached me afterward demanding his timepiece back, and threatening to go to the police! Well, I apologized, returned it, and started to think about how and when to give them back...

So, touching? Sure. Stealing? Maybe...

Lee
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
The routines that work for me as far as touching are:

Finger Chopper
Sly Silks
Egg Bag
Sponge Balls
Pal Bodnar
View Profile
Regular user
Playa del Carmen, MX
112 Posts

Profile of Pal Bodnar
Hy,

I have a card effect for it too. He crosses his arms and he/she holds a red card in right hand and a black one in left hand, and your are shaking their hands and explaining the cards will switch place, but they won't but you will get the specs watch. Blaine is doing the same thing. An copper/silver is good for other type watches and you have a tiny effect at the end.

Hope it helped regards,

Paul
Pal Bodnar - In Magic We Trust
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
^Same thing as done in The Encyc of Pickpocketing...
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
Ragman
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Ragman
For quite a while I did a thumbcuff routine where I would lock a spectator into the cuffs to demonstrate how they worked. This was a simply way to show that once you locked them they would not come off. I would then procede to show them a few do and don't's of locking up a criminal. During this I would steal the watch and while I placed the keys into thier pocket for later use I would clip whatever I could find in the pocket. I would say "do you have an empty pocket..." as I went for one of thier pockets, I would then say "that one is not..." and go for another. This would allow me to steal from more than one.
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
Quote:
On 2006-04-18 18:51, Doug Arden wrote:
The routines that work for me as far as touching are:

Finger Chopper
Sly Silks
Egg Bag
Sponge Balls

Peter Wardell's DVD give quite a number of good ideas on using Sly Silk for pickpocket.
peculiarone
View Profile
Veteran user
Fence almost done. I've already put in
324 Posts

Profile of peculiarone
I always found that slipping that special "something" into her drink always works.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Best tricks for touching (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL