The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Raise rates? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
I am a senior in highschool, and after I graduate I plan on going full time pro...or at least posing as a full time pro. I know of some pros in my area who charge 1500-2000 for what I charge 500 for. Should I raise my rates? I know I wont get as many bookings, but for some reason it seems like the "right" thing to do...

I don't think the quality is much (if any in the client's eyes) less than the competitors.

What do you guys think?
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
My theory is this...

1) Figure out what percentage of callers book you.
2) Put your price up by 20%.
3) After ten calls, see if the percentage is higher, same, less then a 20% drop, more then a 20% drop. Only lower your price back again if it is more then a 20% drop.
4) Repeat until rich.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Find out what the market will bear.

That is the only qualification. IF your competition is so much higher you probably should be a little higher.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Allan
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Allan
What difference does it make that some "PROS" charge. Is your talent as good as theirs? do you have the same skills & get the same reaction as they get?

What you charge has more to do with what you bring to the table. I am sure that they did not charge $1500-$2000 when they first got started.

I guess the best example is a Kia & a BMW are both cars that take you where you want to go but are very different in price. Should Kia say we are both cars so we will raise our price? I think not.

Charge what you are worth & not what someone else charges!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Raise rates? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL