The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » What's the Name of this New Coin Purse? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
I'm looking for another coin purse and I've seen a new one that I like on a Jay Sankey DVD but I don't know the name of the coin purse or where to buy one.

It's not a regular snap type coin purse like the Goshman Coin Purse. It is square looking and I think that the top opening closes by a leaf spring. It looks exactly like the Becker Coin Purse but it is not gaffed and it is cheaper. I think that it's called a "Snap or Spring Coin Purse" but I'm not really sure of the name.

If you know what this coin purse is called and where I could buy one at a reasonable price please post and let me know. Thank you.
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Try Onosaka Coin Purse. May be what your looking for.
Daniel Faith
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2006-03-23 08:07, gerard1973 wrote:
I'm looking for another coin purse and I've seen a new one that I like on a Jay Sankey DVD but I don't know the name of the coin purse or where to buy one.

It's not a regular snap type coin purse like the Goshman Coin Purse. It is square looking and I think that the top opening closes by a leaf spring. It looks exactly like the Becker Coin Purse but it is not gaffed and it is cheaper. I think that it's called a "Snap or Spring Coin Purse" but I'm not really sure of the name.

If you know what this coin purse is called and where I could buy one at a reasonable price please post and let me know. Thank you.

Is this the one you are speaking of?
http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=6738

"It looks exactly like the Becker Coin Purse but it is not gaffed and it is cheaper.", how do you know it is cheaper?

"where I could buy one at a reasonable price", what is 'reasonable' to you?
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
Thank you Daniel Faith and wmhegbli for your suggestions about the ungaffed Onosaka Coin Purse. I have seen this type of Coin Purse used before but unfortunately this is not what I am looking for.

I am looking for a rectangular shaped “squeeze” purse to use as a Coin Purse. The style or type of purse I am looking for is an ungaffed purse that is rectangular in shape, made out of some type of fake leather and it opens up by squeezing the top of the purse. If anyone knows the name of this purse and/or where I could purchase this type of purse please post your answer. Thank you.
Dai Vernon
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Dollar store.
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
My local dollar stores do not carry them. If they did, I would probably buy about ten of them. They look pretty handy. Thanks anyways MikeDes.
Dai Vernon
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I bought my squeeze purse at at truck stop. They were on a card, sealed with plastic. You have at least one truck stop in Michigan, I think around Lansing or Battle Creek.
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
If you can't find one at a dollar store or truck stop please PM me. We do a lot of custom leather work at my shop and we may be able to make you one, however it will not be a cheep fake leather purse. We use high quality garment leather in our products.

Take care and take cards
Antony Gerard
Atom3581
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Atom3581
I got a few at a leather goods store for about 4 dollars each, just like you were describing.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Card Collection, in England stock them...

I have seem similar ones in cheap wallet shops.

M:C
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » What's the Name of this New Coin Purse? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL