The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Is My Website Any Good? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnra
View Profile
Elite user
oklahoma
450 Posts

Profile of johnra
Please check out my website and tell me if its good, bad, awful, what to change, what not to change.
Its http://www.johnramagic.tk thanks for all advice and help!
John
John Shackelford LIVE!!!
FatTony
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, Texas
121 Posts

Profile of FatTony
Well I'm not sure what exactly it is. Is it suposed to be a website for you as a magician, or just a personal space? I can't tell.

If it's suposed to be something professional I'd get a domain with no advertisments.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. - Einstein
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
I think it is both! Any ways good site man.. A little rough around the edges but nothing you cant sand out
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Couldn't open for me. Pop up blocker kept appearing.
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Well, If it is a personal site, I guess it's fine. If it's meanto to be something you might give to a potential client, it is not.

So, first thing would be to address who your audience is.

Graphically is looks nice, some of the backgrounds are neat and/or disturbing depending on the viewer. The lay out is not consistent and should be standardized (Ie some pages have backgrounds and some do not) but the Pop ups are AWEFUL... I realize that is a function of your web host- and that's fine for personal sites but not so much if you use this to promote.

But it was written nicely, looked nice, and gave the needed info.

Hope that was constructive
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
The site is overly dominated by adverts/banners/pop ups/a skateboard image that has little to do with magic... most everything else is drowned out. As a personal web space it might be OK, but still needs more focus.
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
I clicked on and click off, so will most others!

Think about it!
JokersWild
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of JokersWild
Johnra if you go to your dot.tk account there are ways to take those adds off.

and for anyone else that is having a pop up blocker try hold Ctrl when you click on it. I use the google tool bar for a pop blocker and it seems to help
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Or pay a VERY small amount for decent, ad free website hosting! Smile

Gary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Is My Website Any Good? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL